Kasa Smart Bulb for $1; Kasa Smart Plug $3.50 for Amazon Alexa customers

I just found and used this deal on slickdeals.net and it worked so I thought I’d share here. For each of these, the slickdeals page says one per customer, while supplies last. I’m not sure if it is US-only or if you can get the same deal in other countries. You don’t actually have to follow that link or use slickdeals at all. All of the details you need are in this post. The link is just to let you know where I read about it.

It says that if you order though your Alexa/Echo device, you can order a Kasa Smart Bulb (KL135) for $22.99 (USD) and it applies an Alexa promotion at checkout, subtracting $22.00 for a total of $0.99 plus tax for the bulb. One per customer.

Similarly, you can order a Kasa Smart Plug Mini with Energy Monitoring (KP115) for $22.99 (USD) and it applies an Alexa promotion at checkout, subtracting $19.50 for a total of $3.49 plus tax for the smart plug. One per customer.

To get the Alexa promotion, you have to order through Alexa by saying, “Alexa, order Kasa Smart Bulb” and “Alexa, order Kasa Smart Plug Mini”. Alexa then places those items in your cart, where you can review before you finalize the order.

Here is a copy of my invoice.

I am posting here only because I use Home Assistant and love the community and thought I’d let you know about the deal I found. I don’t work for or otherwise get any benefit or kickback from slickdeals or Amazon. I probably haven’t read all of the rules, so if it is against one to post something like this, I apologize and feel free to delete.

P.S. When I searched the forums I read about some issue with Kasa removing a local API and trying to force you through their cloud a couple of years ago, but then reversing, and I saw in another thread that the two model numbers involved in this deal are capable of local-only control. I have not verified any of that–just letting you know what I read in these forums.