Keep getting an error

Hi

I keep getting an error and I can’t understand how to fix it
Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:454
First occurred: 08:51:57 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:51:57

Invalid config for [automation]: Invalid trigger configuration. Got OrderedDict([(‘default_config’, {}), (‘http’, OrderedDict([(‘ssl_certificate’, ‘/ssl/fullchain.pem’), (‘ssl_key’, ‘/ssl/privkey.pem’), (‘login_attempts_threshold’, -1), (‘ssl_profile’, ‘modern’), (‘server_port’, 8123), (‘ip_ban_enabled’, True), (‘cors_allowed_origins’, [‘https://cast.home-assistant.io’])])), (‘api’, {}), (‘alexa’, OrderedDict([(‘smart_home’, None)])), (‘tts’, [OrderedDict([(‘platform’, ‘google_translate’)])]), (‘group’, {}), (‘automation’, [OrderedDict([(‘id’, ‘1632064544043’… (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 16).

What do I do?

You look at configuration.yaml at line 16 and there is probably a clue what the problem is.

That’s what’s at line16…

I assume it’s pointing at automation.yaml.
In that case open automation.yaml and see if there is something in there that is related to the error message.

I just noticed.
Search for 1632064544043 in the automations.yaml and post that automation here.

It does not like one of your triggers:

This it!

It won’t be at line 16. That’s just the line that links to your automations.yaml file.

Also please stop posting pictures of text.

There is a code formatting option you can use to copy and paste text.

Sorry…I’m out at the moment which is why I can’t do that…

I’m getting a similar error after a recent upgrade.

Invalid config for [automation]: Invalid trigger configuration. Got OrderedDict([('default_config', {}), ('group', {}), ('automation', [OrderedDict([('id', '1626775727674'), ('alias', 'Sundown'), ('description', ''), ('trigger', [OrderedDict([('platform', 'sun'), ('event', 'sunset')])]), ('condition', []), ('action', [OrderedDict([('service', 'light.turn_on'), ('target', OrderedDict([('entity_id', 'light.living_up')]))]), OrderedDict([('service', 'switch.turn_on'), ('target', OrderedDict([('area_id', 'front_entrance')]))])]), ('mode', 'single')]), OrderedDict.... (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 8).

The automation it’s complaining about is the first one on automations.yaml. If I remove the ‘erroneous’ automation it’s complaining about then it’s the next one now on top that is supposed to contain the error. So I don’t think it’s really a problem with any specific automation.

The last sentence about line 8 in configuration.yaml is actually where it’s adding the groups.

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

Line 9 is where automations file is included. So initially I suspected there’s something wrong with the groups.yaml file. But my groups.yaml file is empty {}. I have tried adding a test dummy group to groups.yaml file but still the error continues.

It’s your automations.yaml file. Line numbers start counting at 1. Home Assistant starts counting at 0.

Remove this from the top of your automations.yaml file:

automation:

Hi
My automations.yaml doesn’t have that line. Here’re the top of the automations file

- id: "1626775727674"
  alias: Sundown
  description: ""
  trigger:
    - platform: sun
      event: sunset
  condition: []
  action:
    - service: light.turn_on
      target:
        entity_id: light.living_up
    - service: switch.turn_on
      target:
        area_id: front_entrance
  mode: single

Were you able to resolve your issue. I am having same thing now.

Nope, I ended up starting a complete new installation.