Keep ha dashboard open on newer echo show 15 without sideloading anything

I have a IP camera stream in the HA dashboard; this keeps Silk open on the Echo Show

I use the ‘‘My Page’’ skill to open the desired HA Dashboard on the Echo Show.
( Amazon.com: MyPage : Alexa Skills )

And after adding the web adress to ''My Page" I create a routine in the Alexa app:
Routine name: ‘‘example’’
When this happens: Alexa, ‘‘example’’
Add action: ‘‘open My Page and load page 1’’

2 Likes

Wham am I doing wrong.

I have gone through all the steps in the previous posts and setup dashboard viewer.

I get stuck with the routine in alexa app.

It does not respond to the input boolean. Turning it on and off in HA or the Alexa app turn it on or off in the other so the link seems to work between Alexa and HA

I set up the routine and when I click the play button to test it it works displaying the dashboard.

The automation runs and turns the input boolean off and back on and this changes in the alexa app.

But the routine does not run. The dashboard is not displayed or refreshed so it stays on.

Any ideas?

Did you setup the skill? Do you have alexa setup as voice assistant via nabu casa?

Can also try what other have said and add a live stream to your dash then just open silk to it and see if it stays on. I never tried that nor would I want it always running.

Yes I set up the skill and that seems to be working as expected.

I don’t have nabu casa. I am using the manualy setup Haaska skill.

This works for everything else and the device does show up in alexa as expected.

I might try the live stream but wanted to have the control over when dashboard stays on. not all the time.

Not sure need the delay and volume part but this is my exact routine and automation

Mine looks the same but does not trigger.

What are you using to connect HA to Alexa.

Nabu casa , emulated hue , Haaska skill?

Naabu, I bit the bullet. But if it’s recognized then it shouldn’t matter

I tried the MyPage skill and it will not let me use the HA URL to get to the kiosk. This is the url I used: http://homeassistant.local:8123/fire-hd/weather. Did you run into this problem? I really like this approach and it solves so many issues with using the Echo Show 15. Crossing my fingers!

Try the actual ip address

I used the IP adress: http://xxx.xxx.x.xx:8123/ ‘‘desired dashboard’’

That worked for me.

The easiest way is to log in on a pc on: https://xdream2000.com/mypage and fill in the pincode of MyPage shown on the Echo Show.
Now you can copy/paste the desired www.adresses.

If you use Browsermod, you can use a motion sensor to turn the screen on and off (I have a live camera feed meaning it stays up all the time).

I then turn it off at night at a set time and it turns on again via a smart plug and opens silk as part of an automation so it’s up and running when we come downstairs in the morning.

It’s not quite as versatile as having FKB loaded on but as I basically got this for free, I can’t complain.

Hello,

how did you get the addressline on the top away? or is the photo after pushing up the site?

greetings

1 Like

exactly that…I have an automation run first thing in the morning (when phone comes of charge) to turn on a smart plug which turns on the shows then 2 minutes later it runs “open silk” via alexa media intergation which auto loads the browser, then I scroll up half an inch to get it looking like this.

I sould really do a full write up to make it easy for anyone who is wanting to do this now with all the sideloading blocks in place

1 Like

Ok, so you pushed it up manually…i thought the pushin up was automaticly throug whatever…
this is the only thing that annoys me on the actual solution :frowning:

greetings

1 Like

yes…if this could be automated ith a full screen command Id be very happy with how everything else works, especially as my dashbaords have live camera feeds that keep it open all day long

Can someone please show how the virtual switch must be configurated? i didn’t get it…
only make a “helper” entity doesn’t work because i can’t expose this to nabu casa

what should there in:

not a switch, an input_boolean toggle. mine is called input_boolean.alexasilk

Isn`t Echo show 15 fire-tv build-in? Can we install home assistant apk?

Sideloading is gone. And still wouldn’t keep it open as active screen.