Kerui W1 integration

Hi all

Anyone experiences or thoughts about integrating the Kerui W1 alarm system with HA?

I want to use it as a 433Mhz RF transceiver and hope to connect it with HA similarly as Broadlink RM.

Any ideas or experiences whether and how this might work?

Thanks!

Hi,

Don’t go for any full 433 mhz alarm because the protocol is essentially not encrypted and anyone with a 5 EUR device can deactivate it with very little effort.

This is not to say to avoid entirely the 433 mhz devices. You can still use wall switches, wall plugs, motion sensors (PIR - P817, P819 or P829; P829 is the fanciest as it sends also low battery signal), open door sensors (look only for D026, stay away from other product type, especially D025), gas sensors, water leakage sensors, etc but should not use the alarm as it would give a fake sense of security (the key chain remote used for setting on and off the alarm can be easily copied by anyone in the neighborhood). Instead you can use HA’s alarm or a custom component alarm (have a look at YET another take on an alarm system ).

You can use the gateway in the link below to control and monitor most of the 433 mhz devices (433 mhz weather stations are not supported but you can flash the gateway on a NodeMCU and use a DHT22 or BME280 sensor for temperature and humidity).

@jbauwens, did you have any success with integration of your alarm on home assistant? I bought Kerui WP6 and I love the fact that it has siren, pir, and can listen to 433mhz sensors I have. But still missing the home assistant integration.

Any chance with Kerui alarms? I have a W2 and it would be great to take advantage of it. It has backup battery and a sim card that calls me in case of any potential intrusion event.
So battery + sim card is a basic combination for an alarm not easy though other way in HA, in case of power and/or internet cut.

PS: This is my first message. I am reading without able to stop until my new Rasp PI is coming to home to start my HA adventure.

I have implemented a very basic integration that is meeting my needs. I have a Kerui W2 but it could work with any other model.
Mainly I am using a sonoff bridge RF with Tasmota, emulating telecomand RF orders to be sent thought mqtt integration: registered RfKeys.
Arming / Disarming / home Arming and panic/siren buttons at HA dashboard. Y it let me set automations when I am not at home.
Pending: I am checking if able to capture wireless siren to send it back to HA, but not sure how it works (coded signal?).
So with that basic integration, apart from automated arming, I have simcard calling and battery in case electricity and internet are cut.