KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Are you using the built in notify or are you triggering off of the event that keymaster raises? In any case, you’re not currently doing any testing for if there is a code slot that was actually the trigger with this. Manual lock / unlock events are not going to have a code_slot_name at all.

Sorry about that. I am using the built in manual_notify script. So maybe add it to the automation lock_notifcation instead?

Hmm… I haven’t checked, but I don’t think that the trigger data for the manual_notify is going to contain what you’re expecting. I may be wrong on that.

Check this post earlier in the thread about setting up an automation to capture the keymaster_lock_state_changed event and do interesting things with the data. In the linked post you’ll find a script that is logging the event to the event log as well as disarming a security system as long as it is a named slot.

You would basically add your data save off into the section dealing with the alarm disarming instead.

I will give that a shot.
Thanks

After looking through the post you referred to Im a bit lost and admittingly out of my league with understanding what to do. The action section with the alarm info to change to mine was confusing for me. Any more info or examples you can help mw through with?
Thank You much!

Here’s a working version with the alarm management bits changed to modifying an input_text.yale_user helper. I’ve also added another datetime helper of type datetime called last_user that stores the last time a named slot unlocked the door.

Please note that this a generic automation. So if you have more than one lock they are all going to share the same input helpers.

alias: 0 - Lock Logging
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: keymaster_lock_state_changed
    event_data:
      state: unlocked
    variables:
      sn: |-
        {%- if trigger.event.data.code_slot_name == "" -%}
          Manual
        {%- else -%}
          {{ trigger.event.data.code_slot_name }}
        {%- endif -%}
      verb: |-
        {%- if trigger.event.data.code_slot_name == "" -%}
          unlock of
        {%- else -%}
          unlocked
        {%- endif -%}
condition: []
action:
  - service: logbook.log
    data:
      name: "{{ trigger.event.data.lockname }}"
      entity_id: "{{ trigger.event.data.entity_id }}"
      message: "{{ sn }} {{ verb }} the {{ trigger.event.data.lockname }}"
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - "{{ sn != 'Manual' }}"
        sequence:
          - service: input_text.set_value
            data:
              value: "{{ sn }}"
            target:
              entity_id: input_text.yale_user
          - service: input_datetime.set_datetime
            data:
              datetime: "{{ now() }}"
            target:
              entity_id: input_datetime.last_user
mode: single
1 Like

Having setup issues with Keymaster. Who should I contact for help? I have two entities not available. I’m using zwavejs 9.6.2, server 1.21.0 and HA 2022.8.6. the two sensors are: sensor.connected.lockname_1 and binary_sensor_active_lockname_1. they are missing for each code.

You my friend are a great helper to this community! Its working like I wanted.
Thank you very much!

THanks - re-interview (twice) fixed my Schlage, too.

Hi All,

I just updated HA to 2022.9.0 and I am getting the following warning

I can see the keymaster_frontdoor lock notifications in my automations list but I cannot edit it

How do I edit the notification automation to deal with the unknown service error I am getting

Thanks in advance for any help

You need to create a script called keymaster_frontdoor_manual_notify. You don’t need to put anything in the script if you have nothing you want to do there. Each lock that you have configured with Keymaster expects a script named as followed keymaster_<keymaster_lock_name>_manual_notify which is used for your lock notifications to be configured through.

Recent updates to HA are just adding information to the logs alerting you to possible dangling references. It’s not an issue if you don’t have one, Keymaster is going to function just fine without it.

1 Like

Hi all, I just removed keymaster as I couldn’t get it working properly (will try again in the future but just needed to remove a little bloat for now). One issue I had after I removed it was all the UI elements on the main generated dashboard did not remove and now I get error messages when every I load that dashboard up I see error messages relating to input_datetime scroll across the bottom of the page.

Does anyone know how I can remove these UI elements from the dashboard?

Hi Andrew,
I had to append the lock names with keymaster at the beginning. I didn’t realize there was a change made that required this. I only had an entry for my front door lock. I amended this and added my 3 other Schlage Z-Wave locks and notifications are working again on all of them.

Appreciate the help, thank you

on your main dashboard select the 3 dots top right (Open dashboard menu) and edit dashboard
Select the card you want to delete and then the edit button just to the right and you should see something like this. Select “Delete view” and your custom card will be deleted
When you have finished don’t forget to hit “Done” in top right to leave the dashboard edit view

Keymaster has been working great for the past few months, but I’ve got a problem with one of my five Kwikset locks. On the back door, Code 1 PIN Status is Disconnected and Desired PIN State is Off.
It will not update a new pin code to the lock. Code 2 PIN is Connected and On and I can change that code.
How do I fix the PIN Code state and status?
Thanks!

So I did that on one screen that I generated, but I can’t do this on the auto-generated dashboard. That is the one I think is giving my the issues.

Error I’m getting is

Failed to call service service_input_datetime/set_datetime. Could not parse date for dictionary value @ data[‘date’]

Did you remove Keymaster from both HACS (Presumably you installed it this way) and the actual integration itself?

Try manually calling the clear_usercode service call form the dev tools.

Yes I removed KeyMaster both in the integrations menu of HACS and Home-Assistant.

Sorry I don’t have any automated dashboard relating to keymaster, the dashboard part was added manually.
Hopefully someone here can help you further