KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

THanks - re-interview (twice) fixed my Schlage, too.

Hi All,

I just updated HA to 2022.9.0 and I am getting the following warning

I can see the keymaster_frontdoor lock notifications in my automations list but I cannot edit it

How do I edit the notification automation to deal with the unknown service error I am getting

Thanks in advance for any help

You need to create a script called keymaster_frontdoor_manual_notify. You donā€™t need to put anything in the script if you have nothing you want to do there. Each lock that you have configured with Keymaster expects a script named as followed keymaster_<keymaster_lock_name>_manual_notify which is used for your lock notifications to be configured through.

Recent updates to HA are just adding information to the logs alerting you to possible dangling references. Itā€™s not an issue if you donā€™t have one, Keymaster is going to function just fine without it.

1 Like

Hi all, I just removed keymaster as I couldnā€™t get it working properly (will try again in the future but just needed to remove a little bloat for now). One issue I had after I removed it was all the UI elements on the main generated dashboard did not remove and now I get error messages when every I load that dashboard up I see error messages relating to input_datetime scroll across the bottom of the page.

Does anyone know how I can remove these UI elements from the dashboard?

Hi Andrew,
I had to append the lock names with keymaster at the beginning. I didnā€™t realize there was a change made that required this. I only had an entry for my front door lock. I amended this and added my 3 other Schlage Z-Wave locks and notifications are working again on all of them.

Appreciate the help, thank you

on your main dashboard select the 3 dots top right (Open dashboard menu) and edit dashboard
Select the card you want to delete and then the edit button just to the right and you should see something like this. Select ā€œDelete viewā€ and your custom card will be deleted
When you have finished donā€™t forget to hit ā€œDoneā€ in top right to leave the dashboard edit view

Keymaster has been working great for the past few months, but Iā€™ve got a problem with one of my five Kwikset locks. On the back door, Code 1 PIN Status is Disconnected and Desired PIN State is Off.
It will not update a new pin code to the lock. Code 2 PIN is Connected and On and I can change that code.
How do I fix the PIN Code state and status?
Thanks!

So I did that on one screen that I generated, but I canā€™t do this on the auto-generated dashboard. That is the one I think is giving my the issues.

Error Iā€™m getting is

Failed to call service service_input_datetime/set_datetime. Could not parse date for dictionary value @ data[ā€˜dateā€™]

Did you remove Keymaster from both HACS (Presumably you installed it this way) and the actual integration itself?

Try manually calling the clear_usercode service call form the dev tools.

Yes I removed KeyMaster both in the integrations menu of HACS and Home-Assistant.

Sorry I donā€™t have any automated dashboard relating to keymaster, the dashboard part was added manually.
Hopefully someone here can help you further

I donā€™t know how to do that in Development Tools. I took a guess at it, but it didnā€™t work.

I know this is a very old response, but I wanted to echo the need to re-interview the node in zwavejs2mqtt. However you may need to do this multiple times. I think I ended up having to do it about 4 times. Things started working once I got the ā€œUser Code v1ā€ options to show up in the longer options (click on the node and itā€™s the additional information). These options were not showing up in my earlier refreshes/re-interviews for some reason.

What determines when ā€œNightā€ starts? I canā€™t seem to find it, and Iā€™m starting to think itā€™s something obviousā€¦

When you re-interview, what are you doing to wake up the lock. Can you just unlock/relock it, does that ā€œwakeā€ it up? Or are you having to press the button on the inside of the lock to wake it?

Zwave locks are FLiRS devices and donā€™t have a ā€œwake upā€ button.

1 Like

I am having an issue when I change a code via KeyMaster.

So the good thing is, it works!

If I change a code via LoveLace, I can look in ZWaveJS2mqtt and it quickly changes the code. However, the keymaster dashboard shows that is disables the code, the PIN Status changes to Deleting. Then it stays there forever. Again though, it did indeed change the code verified by looking in ZWaveJS2mqtt under UserCode v1. If I then just enable the slow via keymaster, it shows Connected immediately.

So keymaster makes all the changes properly that it needs to, it just isnā€™t realizing that it has changed the code, or fails to query the lock to see if the change is made until I re-enable it?

Any idea why this would be?

Check the automations traces, I think they should have them, to see if thereā€™s a problem.

Is there a current list of locks supported by KeyMaster? I have an older BE469 (non-ZP) and itā€™s giving me hell with a Zooz 700 series stick, so Iā€™d like to move on from this lock

Basically, the lock (BE469) is working in HASS, but KeyMaster canā€™t get it to do anything (like setting codes), the lock will respond to commands from the HASS dashboard.