KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Wanted to make you a video and found an issue…
It happens if I add a name into the name field…
If I leave it blank or if I enter numbers there - its ok… if I enter letters into the name field - it resets

Now I need to figure out how to automate it so it generates and resets the codes for users…
Short rental properties…
Used to use Rboys RLA… but samsungs messed something and it won’t work now (

Try name first THEN pin.
I honestly don’t recall the workings off the top of my head, I just “set it and forget it” :stuck_out_tongue:

I am having an issue where when I manually lock or unlock my Schlage lock, I get a notification (set up via pushover). It’s just the basic notification script shown below.

keymaster_frontdoorlock_manual_notify:
  mode: parallel
  sequence:
  - service: notify.pushover
    data:
      title: '{{ title }}'

My problem is that my notifications always show the opposite of what is actually happening. When I unlock the door, it says I am locking it, and when I lock it, it says I am unlocking it.

My guess is that this is something to do with it being a right hand vs left hand open, which I think I had to setup when I first installed the lock.

This didn’t happen when I first installed keymaster a year or so ago, I think it must have happened with one of the updates in the last few months, but I didn’t notice exactly when it started.

Anyone else heard of or having this problem, or ideas of how to fix?

Do you know, by any chance, why in Zwave logs time is different from my Home Assistant?
Its -2 hours comparing to server setup… so I don’t know what time to set for locks “check-in” “check-out” :slight_smile:

Just to show my issue. You can see that Home Assistant shows the lock/unlock correctly, and my notification shows the opposite.

Found it here Z-wave JS log file time stamps are wrong - #3 by freshcoast

Your lock sent the message, so I don’t know.

Listen to the zwave_js_notification events to see if they’re also saying unlocked when locked.

Thanks,

I manually unlocked the door, and below is what showed up in the events. You will see that “boltStatus” went from locked to unlocked, and the last event on the bottom says “Manual Unlock Operation”, so those are correct. However, as with previously, my notification in Home Assistant (Pushover) says "Manual Lock (Slot 1 Default).

2023-02-24T18:57:59.383Z - VALUE UPDATED 
Arg 0:
└─commandClassName: Door Lock
└─commandClass: 98
└─property: currentMode
└─endpoint: 0
└─newValue: 0
└─prevValue: 255
└─propertyName: currentMode

2023-02-24T18:57:59.387Z - VALUE UPDATED 
Arg 0:
└─property: outsideHandlesCanOpenDoor
└─newValue: false, false, false, false
└─prevValue: false, false, false, false
└─propertyName: outsideHandlesCanOpenDoor

2023-02-24T18:57:59.391Z - VALUE UPDATED 
Arg 0:
└─property: insideHandlesCanOpenDoor
└─newValue: false, false, false, false
└─prevValue: false, false, false, false
└─propertyName: insideHandlesCanOpenDoor

2023-02-24T18:57:59.397Z - VALUE UPDATED 
Arg 0:
└─property: doorStatus
└─newValue: open
└─prevValue: open
└─propertyName: doorStatus

2023-02-24T18:57:59.401Z - VALUE UPDATED 
Arg 0:
└─property: boltStatus
└─newValue: unlocked
└─prevValue: locked
└─propertyName: boltStatus

2023-02-24T18:57:59.404Z - VALUE UPDATED 
Arg 0:
└─property: latchStatus
└─newValue: open
└─prevValue: open
└─propertyName: latchStatus

2023-02-24T18:57:59.550Z - VALUE UPDATED 
Arg 0:
└─commandClassName: Notification
└─commandClass: 113
└─property: alarmType
└─newValue: 22
└─prevValue: 21
└─propertyName: alarmType

2023-02-24T18:57:59.554Z - VALUE UPDATED 
Arg 0:
└─commandClassName: Notification
└─commandClass: 113
└─property: alarmLevel
└─newValue: 1
└─prevValue: 1
└─propertyName: alarmLevel

2023-02-24T18:57:59.561Z - VALUE UPDATED 
Arg 0:
└─property: currentMode
└─newValue: 0
└─prevValue: 0
└─propertyName: currentMode

2023-02-24T18:57:59.563Z - NOTIFICATION 
Arg 0:
Arg 1:
└─type: 6
└─event: 2
└─label: Access Control
└─eventLabel: Manual unlock operation

Listen to the zwave_js_notification events to see if they’re also saying unlocked when locked.

Dev-tools → Events
Enter zwave_js_notification into the “Event to subscribe to” and press Start Listening
Then go toggle your lock see what outputs.

Ok, so just locked the door again. zwave_js_notification appears to be sending the correct info (lock), but notification is showing unlock.

event_type: zwave_js_notification
data:
  domain: zwave_js
  node_id: 16
  home_id: 4089985283
  device_id: 16b4f114df0ec42209f2b09cdca6292c
  command_class: 113
  command_class_name: Notification
  label: Access Control
  type: 6
  event: 1
  event_label: Manual lock operation
  parameters: {}
origin: LOCAL
time_fired: "2023-02-24T20:03:40.882871+00:00"
context:
  id: 01GT2GCC6JWM3DTE0HNBJBYMR9
  parent_id: null
  user_id: null

edit: image attached below

Next test, listen to keymaster_lock_state_changed see what it’s saying when you do that.

I have some Alfred DB1 Zwave locks. They have been working well except notifications. I can get a notification using the top circles.

It seems the alarm type never changes, I thought it used to work with smartthings but could be wrong as I used to have a Schlage lock there and that may have been the one that worked. Is this a limitation of the lock or a problem with z-wave js

thanks

Craig

I have it posted as its own topic but no traction on it. I hate adding to this thread because it is really long, and I will be the first to admit I have not read all 2,757 replies, but here is the issue I am having and until I get the entities to show up, I am not working on the dashboard.

My BE469 lock on my front door went through correctly and I have the entities. No problem.

I have two BE469ZPs (Side door and garage entry door) and I tried to make the Front Door the master and that bombed terribly so I made each one as their own and the wizard at least ran but the entities show unavailable so something is not right, but at least the “Network” entity shows up OK.

I know the security and basic setup on these locks is a lot different since the ZPs have QR Codes/PINs unlike the BE469.

BE469:

BE469ZP (and they are both like this):

Thank you in advance, everybody.

Re-interview your locks until the Usercode command class populates in ZwaveJS-UI

Just using the normal Z-WaveJS right now. I know at some point I should migrate over to ZwaveJS-UI but I want to make sure I get it done right. I kicked off at least 5 and now Z-Wave does not know what they are, anymore.

After a day and about 10 refreshes, still the same thing. All those entities are unavailable.

If its not interviewing its usually some kind of connectivity issue.

Do you have the lock in question (very) near a beaming capable repeater? How far is it from the coordinator? Have you tried a node repair THEN a re interview?

1 Like

Yes. It is about 25-feet from my dongle, separated by about 2 or 3 walls but I have 7 Z-Wave mains powered Leviton switches between them. I can unlock/lock both of the BE469ZPs without issue and last night I upgraded the firmware on those Leviton switches and dimmers which are really close to them so I know I have good Z-Wave signal.

1 Like

Hi, new to HA and I’m slowly migrating from Smartthings.

I have 3 x Schalge BE469 and recently migrated from Zwave JS to Zwave JS UI.

After successfully adding all of them from JS – then migrated to JS UI – I installed Keymaster for the first time.

Followed the instructions like made sure I have, the below code, on the top of my configuration.yaml.

homeassistant:
packages: !include_dir_named packages

I also made sure I have all the 4 lovelace views installed.

However, after adding the raw config to my dashboard, it gives me two lines of error:

Entity not available: sensor.connected_nameofdoor

Entity not available: binary_sensor.active_nameofdoor

With this current state, if I make any changes on the Keymaster card of my door, like putting a name and code, it doesn’t update or changes the code in the actual lock. I also checked the details in Zwave JS UI and it didn’t update too.

However, if I change the codes directly on JS UI, the new code works fine on the lock itself.

Any advice or tips on what I can do to fix the issue?

TIA!

1 Like

Doing some more research, I fixed my issue by adding 2 more spaces from the configuration.yaml code

Before:
homeassistant:

After:

homeassistant:

The additional two spaces before the “packages:” worked.

On a different note, everything seems to be working now, even notifications. I even tied it with door sensors and it auto-locks when the door is closed.

Just wondering if there is an option to delay the locking right after closing.

So for example, I set an autolock of 5 minutes IF the door contact sensors are in closed state. If the door is left open, it will not lock and will send me a notification.

However, after 5 minutes has passed, if I close the door, it will right away lock it. Like in 1 second.

Is it possible in Keymaster to set maybe a minute or two before it locks the door after closing?