KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Usually it’s not, but sometimes HA gets wonky and you gotta restart.

Is User Code 2 being reported in zwavejs2mqtt?

What does the garage_door: Network sensor say when you click on it for the state/status?

I apparently misstated the path from my earlier post. It should be Configuration > Entities. Sorry for the miss information.

Developer Tools > States shows on.

network

Yes it is, it is reporting user code that was present before I installed keymaster and converted to HA, but the it does show up.

I think the last time someone had this issue they had to do the “Reset” option on that slot. Give that a shot.

Usually if the codes are not being read it’s because zwavejs is missing information, check what shows up under User Codes in zwavejs2mqtt. If this command class is missing, re-interview the lock.

Firstof9, the reset didn’t fix it. The other slots seem to work fine though. This slot goes to “adding” state, but no commands flow across the debug console. It’s not the end of the world, because I have other slots to use, but odd that this one slot on this one lock has this issue.

Try changing the code manually in zwavejs2mqtt, then try adjusting it from the HA UI.

It changed fine via the zwaveJS controls. The code did not update in the keymaster integration though. And when I try and when I try and change it in the keymaster integration, aagain, no debug traffic shows up.

I don’t have zwavejs2mqtt installed. I just have zwave JS. I interviewed the lock again and it seems to be working properly now. The 5 users say connected. I am able to disconnect/connect the users.

Thank you

1 Like

The codes don’t update like that, the code_slot_# sensors should tho.

You are right. The code slots in the zwavejs plugin devices do update. Any idea as to why the keymaster integration has problems with this slot but not others?

No idea, anything in the logs?

Yes, a ton of updates starting with PIN changed, enable disabled, etc… and ending in:

[PIN Status] changed to Adding by XXXX

But nothing being sent to the lock as far as I can tell from the debug window.

Since Slot 1 is having issues, can you start with Slot 2 under Integrations > Keymaster?

Hi. Sorry, Slot 1 is fine, it’s slot 2 that has the issues. And I can do a workaround easily and just use a different slot. Only slot 2 seems to have the problem as far as I can tell.

When I first setup Keymaster I had some issues with a couple of key slots as well. I ended up forcing the slot to be reset by making the specific service call that Keymaster is supposed to when you use the reset option. For me, Keymaster never did that call until the slot was properly synced. After that it’s worked just fine!

try calling the script
script.keymaster_side_door_reset_codeslot
with the following :

data:
  code_slot: 2

Also you can try manually calling the zwavejs clear code:

service: zwave_js.clear_lock_usercode
data:
  code_slot: '2'
target:
  entity_id: lock.kwikset_touchpad_electronic_deadbolt_frontdoor

Then have keymaster put it back (make sure to set the slot disabled first)

I tried this. The reset seemed to work and the zwave debug log looked like the code slot switched to disabled. However when I tried adding a code, it behaved the same way and was stuck in “adding”.

I’m out of ideas :frowning: