KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

You can always do a clean wipe. Remove all keymaster integrations, remove the Lovelace views, uninstall the HACS entry, exclude the lock, factory reset it. Check entities to make sure you don’t have any stray items. In fact, you shouldn’t have any keymaster directories whatsoever. Then add that one lock into zwavejs, and reinstall KeyMaster.

@FutureTense is input_boolean.allow_automation_execution still needed? I’m using HACS with Zwave JS. If so, can you all provide an example using Zwave JD if it is in fact still needed?

No it is no longer required. We detect your zwave integration internally and provide a binary_sensor for it’s status.

1 Like

Ahhh thanks @firstof9. Might make sense to cross that out in the first post to avoid confusion.

@firstof9 one more question regarding the HACS implementation with Zwave JS. Do we still need to append the lock name? Or can the script find it within the name of the lock even if it doesn’t end with it? I.e. my locks are already named like this: lock.front_deadbolt would i need to append to this?

Only for your own sanity.

Renaming locks isn’t required, only suggested for your own tracking purposes with multiple locks.

This is fine.

Pretty sure this is all covered in the wiki tho.

1 Like

I have been struggling to get keymaster installed. I finally pulled it off and the lovelace dash is working but I am getting some entities not available. I attached a screen shot.
I am very new to HA so please go gentle with the technical stuff. :slight_smile:

Problem was that since i installed and reinstalled keymaster a few times, there was a user 10 from an old installation. When i deleted all references to user 10 in my entities list, all began working properly

I just upgraded the integration to v0.0.56, and just before clicking ‘upgrade’ I saw a message about a breaking change, possibly related to an entity name change required. It’s early in the morning and I just blew right by it. I’ve visited the wiki and haven’t seen anything about it. Am I mistaken? Is there some action I need to take? Everything appears to be working…

:boom: Breaking Change :boom:

You will need to adjust your notification script name with the new format keymaster_LOCKNAME_manual_notify for this breaking change.

1 Like

Ah, thank you. I have no scripts by that name… that’s probably why I’ve never gotten a notification: I never set it up. I’ll have to look into that.

Man I put explosion icons on it and everything :cry:

1 Like

Just updated to 0.0.56 and now getting the following errors. Did I miss something simple?

2021-07-21 19:06:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry frontdoor for keymaster
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 293, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File "/config/custom_components/keymaster/__init__.py", line 266, in async_setup_entry
await async_reset_code_slot_if_pin_unknown(
File "/config/custom_components/keymaster/helpers.py", line 420, in async_reset_code_slot_if_pin_unknown
await hass.services.async_call(
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1438, in async_call
raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: Unable to find service script.keymaster_frontdoor_reset_codeslot

What version did you upgrade from?
You may need to regenerate your scripts.

EDIT - Nevermind me. just found the answer (that you create it yourself) up above.

After following this component for a long time, I finally decided it was time to switch from my own solution to this one. One question, where is script.keymaster_LOCKNAME_manual_notify supposed to be? I assumed in the common.yaml, but I don’t see it there. I just installed 0.0.56.

1 Like

I have everything installed and seems to be working - update codes and they work at the lock - but what I cant get working is the notifications for when a code is used. It fires a notification when it is locked/unlocked manually - or if the door opens - but not for any of the codes.

Do you have notifications enabled for the code slot?

Also check your Home Assistant log for errors.

Yes I do. Im kind of new to all of this (coming from smartthings) so is there anything specific i would be looking for?

Edit:
I just looked and it shows this…?

2021-07-22 20:01:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_boolean is taking over 10 seconds.

It would either go in your configuration.yaml under script: or as a separate scripts.yaml or something along those lines. Then you’d use whatever notify service your HA is setup to use.

keymaster_<doorname>_manual_notify:
  mode: parallel
  sequence:
    - service: notify.phones
      data:
        title: "{{ title }}"

I already have that I’m my script.yaml

I get notifications when I manually unlock/lock but nothing when a code is used.