KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Do you have a list of user codes available for your lock in the z-wave interface? Even my ZP has trouble the first few times, and I have to re-interview the lock (up to potentially 5-6 times) to get it working correctly and for user codes to actually show up. You might try doing that. Even if the lock/unlock function is working, it might not be able to see the codes.

Anything zwave.

Check zwavejs UI (zwavejs2mqtt) to make sure the UserCodes command class shows up.

1 Like

THIS - and I also had to use a ZWave_JS service call in teh developer console to clear the codes before Keymaster was able to successfully save codes on all three of my BE469ā€™s

1 Like

I tried this out but decided it was more than I needed so I removed the integration. It left behind a large number of orphaned entities. How do I remove them?

After youā€™ve removed the configuration it is strongly recommended that you restart your HA instance. Iā€™ve also found with other integrations that left ghost devices and entities laying around that a hard refresh may also be needed to clear the UI cache of them.

Thanks @tykeal , the hard refresh was the missing piece.

I finally migrated my zwave lock from Vera to HA and setup keymaster.

In Vera I had it grab the pin code used to unlock the door and send it to the alarm system to disarm the security. I see I can get code_slot and code_slot_name from the event trigger. However, does anyone have something that is grabbing the pin code for the code_slot?

Pin codes can be found in the sensors for the slots.

Yes, I can see that. However, the keymaster_lock_state_changed event doesnā€™t include it - (Advanced) Create your own automations based on lock state changes Ā· FutureTense/keymaster Wiki Ā· GitHub. So, Iā€™m trying to figure out how to lookup the state of the pin code sensor for the user.

So far I have input_text.front_door_pin_{{ code_slot | string }} which expands to the correct code_slot number. But under Dev Tools ā†’ Template, I have been unable to get use that to get the pin code for the actual code slot.

This works
{{ states('input_text.front_door_pin_1') }}

These does not work

{{ states('input_text.front_door_pin_{{ code_slot | string }}') }}
{{ states("input_text.front_door_pin_{{ code_slot | string }}") }}

I got it

{% set code_slot = '1' %}
{% set users_pin = states('input_text.front_door_pin_%s' | format(code_slot)) %}

Users pin is {{ users_pin }} 

For anyone looking for an automation to disarm alarm control panel with pin entered on the door look you can use the below. Also, I programmed a duress user in both locations.

- id: 'someRandoDigits'
  alias: Disarm Security from Lock
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: keymaster_lock_state_changed
    event_data:
      state: unlocked
      action_text: 'Keypad unlock operation'
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
    data:
      code: '{{ states(''input_text.front_door_pin_%s'' | format(trigger.event.data.code_slot))
        | int }}'
    target:
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
  mode: single
1 Like

Will have to check, just be advised I donā€™t think this works against an Allegion (Schlage) lock. They donā€™t report the actual pincode when queried. They just respond with ā€˜******ā€™

I am using a Schlage lock. BE469NX

Nice! they changed that - the original 469 (non-plus) definitely did *stares at mineā€¦

Was planning on installing your script and testing it later tonight to see :slight_smile: *crosses fingers

It should, mine is the none plus.

Oo yeah it should work. The pin code is coming from the keymaster integration not the lock. The lock just sends which slot was used. The automation just takes the code slot and looks up the pin from keymaster.

1 Like

I am sorry this is a huge thread, and kept looking but did not find the solution, except that members asked the same questionā€¦ i am sure this has been answered in the above threadsā€¦ but can someone point me to how i can achieve this.
Lock the door after X mins of being open?
I know this can be done with Alexa, but i would rather prefer keep this all centralized in HA and within the function of Keymaster if anything that is door lock related. Iā€™ve used Auto Lock before.

Thereā€™s a built in with Keymaster itself to handle this. It does, however, require that you have a door sensor as it will keep the lock unlocked until after a specified amount of time after being closed.

If you have the Keymaster generated view available somewhere, youā€™ll find at the top of the view a bunch of badges. There are 3 (technically 4) that matter here:

1. Day Auto Lock HH:MM:SS === this is the timer length for daytime
  2. Night Auto Lock HH:MM:SS === this is the timer length for nighttime
  3. Auto Lock Enabled === This enables the auto lock feature
  4. Auto Lock Timer === The time until the auto lock fires and attempts to lock the door. This starts as soon as the door is unlocked, and once it hits zero will attempt to lock the door, but only if the sensor indicates the door is closed. If not, it will just keep posting persistent notifications that the door could not be locked every auto lock timer period. As soon as the door closes it will attempt again.
2 Likes

If anyone has a zigbee lock using zigbee2mqtt and is feeling brave I could use some testersā€¦

Looking for suggestion for best way to delay the ā€œmanual lock notificationā€ for a couple seconds. The way my Schlage lock is built is a little finicky, and turning the handle in the slightest gets detected by the lock as a manual turn. So this often results in multiple notifications of ā€œmanual lock operationā€ when someone turns the handle. Really just need a 1-2 second delay before notifying, but Iā€™m not sure how easily I can edit these automations since theyā€™re built into the integration. Any suggestions?
FWIW, Iā€™m on core 2022.10 which allows importing automations into the UI, but not sure how KeyMaster deals with that.

I just finally got the keymaster to work in HA. I am in the process of migrating from Smarthings. I would be grateful if anyone can show me how to change the notification message sent by keymaster. So instead of: Keypad unlock operation (Raub) it will show as Raub unlocked the backdoor. Thank you in advance.

1 Like