KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Select the lock and it’s here.

Interesting - I just installed this lock and this is all I see:

What version of the add-on are you running?

Dude, this is huge. Thank you for posting. Setting up Keymaster today to test out some locks, was getting the Entity Not Available, and this fixed it. (BTW, I preformatted the quote so the UI didn’t discard the leading spaces).

As reporting in HA:
Z-Wave JS UI
Current version: 1.14.0

As reporting in the Add in:
zwave-js-ui: 8.19.0
zwave-js: 11.0.0

Same here. I have no idea why you aren’t seeing it then unless it’s something with device specifics.

I just forced a reinterview and all are now showing up - grrrrr

1 Like

Spaces and returns are apparently pretty important. I couldn’t get notifications to work properly until I realized in the scripts.yaml that when I added in the

keymaster_front_door_manual_notify:
  mode: parallel
  sequence:
    - service: notify.family
      data:
        title: "{{ title }}"

line I didn’t have a return between the end of the message section and the other script I had. Once I added that return everything functioned correctly.

off topic… keymaster works with zigbee???

Thanks for this wonderful package. Very cool! Got it up and running with schlage locks on zwavejs pretty seamlessly.

Just a couple of small questions:

• Any chance this could work with the vera integration? I have locks controlled by a zwave network running off a vera unit in a detached garage (I haven’t looked under the hood yet, but I’m fully expecting the answer to be no)
  • What are the garageaccess_notifications entities intended to control? Looking at older threads, it seemed this served a function at some point, but the current documentation doesn’t make any reference to them:

front_lock__garageacess_notifications

Thanks!

I didn’t think about this when you initially posted it, but a possible suggestion for you. Instead of using the input selects for each person, I used a manual device tracker for each person, and use Node red to change the location/status of it. You then add that tracker to the “person” in HA. I’ve found it to be much more congruent to the way that HA wants to deal with presence, and it makes it easy to replace the manual tracking with phone tracking/etc as kids get older.

Can someone help me with settings to get notifications immediately? They are currently delayed. At every “message” action I’ve added in “priority:high” as I’ve done in other message automations and it doesn’t seem to be registering. Sample below that I’ve added in /config/packages/keymaster/front_door/front_door_keymaster_common.yaml:

- alias: keymaster_front_door Lock Notifications
    id: keymaster_front_door Lock Notifications
    trigger:
      platform: event
      event_type: keymaster_lock_state_changed
      event_data:
        lockname: front_door
    condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: input_boolean.front_door_lock_notifications
        state: "on"
    action:
      - service: script.keymaster_front_door_manual_notify
        data_template:
          title: front_door
          message: "{{ trigger.event.data.action_text }} {% if trigger.event.data.code_slot > 0 %}({{ trigger.event.data.code_slot_name }}){% endif %}"
          priority: high

So I may have solved it after I realized I didn’t have the ttl: 0

message: "{{ trigger.event.data.action_text }} {% if trigger.event.data.code_slot > 0 %}({{ trigger.event.data.code_slot_name }}){% endif %}"
          **ttl: 0**

in the message section before the priority. However, I just realized that this file has a warning at top that says it will be overwritten. If that is the case where am I supposed to make these changes? When I go into Automations under Settings it shows these automations, but also states they aren’t migrated whatever that means. Am I supposed to migrate them?

It tells you in the wiki for the repo.

Only thing I’ve seen is the Advanced section and if that’s the case I don’t want to circumvent what is already provided as that is all I’m using. I just want to force Home Assistant to send the alerts rather than delay. Without the added priority it was 15 minutes later getting an alert my door was unlocked and such.

Under the script setup which I’ve done to setup the notify service I get an error if I add anything beyond what the script example in the wiki uses.

I’ve tried to use the wiki as you can see, but either I’m missing something or it’s written above me which is also possible.

lancer1991 Under the script setup which I’ve done to setup the notify service I get an error if I add anything beyond what the script example in the wiki uses.

As I mentioned, I’ve added the extra regarding “priority” in there and I get errors in my log. Here is what I have:

sequence:
    data:
      ttl: 0

And I receive:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.keymaster_front_door_lock_notifications
Source: components/automation/init.py:680
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:43:51 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:44:19 PM

Error while executing automation automation.keymaster_front_door_lock_notifications: extra keys not allowed @ data[‘ttl’]

If I remove ttl I get an error stating priority not allowed.

EDIT: For kicks I went back and searched the notification critical document again and noticed they added a second “data” after “message” in order to add “priority” and “ttl”. Tried that and errors went away and notification was immediate. Oddly, all my automations I just added everything after “message” and everything has worked without the need for the second “data”. Not understanding scripting and such, I have no idea why one does it one way and the other the other.

New code that worked for anyone else who may struggle:

sequence:
    data:
      data:
        ttl: 0

@FutureTense First off, thanks for such a great package! I just changed all my Schlage Sense HomeKit locks out to Schlage Z-wave locks and it is so much nicer. Code management via your parent/child lock system is a snap!

I’m trying to understand the nightly auto lock feature and how to configure it. I don’t need my doors to automatically lock during the day if someone leaves them unlocked. I just want all doors to lock every night at 9pm. I have not been able to find documentation on how your auto lock mechanisms work. Can you point me to it?

If you enable the auto-lock feature then, both day and night timers will be used. There is no option for just day or just night.

My reading of the code around the autolock feature is that it’s dependent on dawn / dusk status. So between dawn and dusk (through the day) the daytime timer will be used, and from dusk to dawn (over the night) the nighttime timer will be used.

Personally, I’ve had some various issues with the timers not always firing properly along with a lot of extra notifications I don’t personally care about if the door is still open when the timer expires that I now use my own automation for dealing with autolocking of the various doors that need it.

2 Likes

@firstof9 @tykealt I just added another user6/slot6 but unfortunately was not activated and did not show up in the setting section.