KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

If you have a Schlage, you should get access_control and user_code entries. In the ozw integration they may be hidden under disabled entities.

For example, mine show up as:

• sensor.be469zp_connect_smart_deadbolt_user_code
  • sensor.be469zp_connect_smart_deadbolt_access_control

But under disabled entities I also see

• sensor.schlage_connect_smart_deadbolt_user_code

Notice the 2nd one is missing the be469zp “header”? Enabling that and refreshing the lock might make that appear “enabled”.

I have 3 Schlage BE469ZP. They all have:

sensor.be469zp_connect_smart_deadbolt_alarm_level

And they display in the Entities list as “Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt: User Code”.

The lock-manager package is working for me, using this entity for user codes, under ozw.

There is also a disabled entity named user_code, but I enabled it a few days ago and it doesn’t seem to update/display any info even after a node refresh. Alarm Level works for my usercodes however.

Odd that the entities are different.

What does the user_code entity look like?

sensor.be469zp_connect_smart_deadbolt_user_code_frontdoor

It WAS schlage_connect until I read your note about schlage/be469zp. I renamed it this morning. It still isn’t showing any data.

Edit: But like I said, lock-manager working fine using alarm_level as the user code sensor.

Renaming it won’t make a difference. I’ve been recommending people to exclude/include their locks and just use what HA assigns it for a name. If you have multiple locks, add a simple prefix in front of all the entities.

If you open up ozw, how many entities are disabled? Is user_code in there?

The only disabled entity is that user code. All other entities are fine. I’m not sure how to list all the entities in ozw but I think this is what you might mean:

See the two user codes entries. The one with no data is the now-enabled user_code entity.

As I said, alarm_level is working just fine to report the correct user code with lock-manager.

Ok, instead try looking at the OpenZWave integration and open up the Schlage device. How many disabled entities are there?

Do both of these appear as entities, either enabled or disabled?

• sensor.be469zp_connect_smart_deadbolt_user_code
  • sensor.be469zp_connect_smart_deadbolt_access_control

The only one that was ever showing as disabled was the _user_code entity (which I enabled this morning). All others have always been enabled/working.

Edit: The second entity, Front Door User Code Test, is the _user_code entity I just re-enabled.

There are two user_code entries. That’s why I’m asking you to put the full name

sensor.be469zp_connect_smart_deadbolt_alarm_level - working user code entity
sensor.be469zp_connect_smart_deadbolt_user_code - blank, previously disabled, non-working entity.

Do you have discord? We should really hash this out over there on #zwave

@FutureTense are you using the sensor.be469zp_connect_smart_deadbolt_user_code or the sensor.schlage_connect_smart_deadbolt_user_code entity for user_code?

The be469 sensor. No idea what the other one is for.

Thanks. I just saw it recently in my disabled entities list too. It doesn’t seem to have any values associated with it. :woman_shrugging:

Between the install instructions at the top of this thread and the one on git install is a bit confusing. Is there a file list of the files to put in /packages/lock-manager/? When I try to install I keep getting a log error “Package services setup failed. Component generate_package Integration ‘generate_package’ not found”.

I have Home Assistant installed on Windows in virtual box. How would I install this? I apologize but I am very new to Home assistant and virtual machines. Any help you could give me is greatly appreciated.

Install via HACS.

@firstof9 I don’t see lock manager in HACS. Am I missing something?

Add the custom repo https://github.com/FutureTense/lock-manager

Just pushed a new README for ozw. It’s a very rough draft and certainly full of errors. But better than before.

1 Like