KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Make sure to report bugs on the github way easier to track than on the forum.

1 Like

Did you find a solution to this? I have the same lock and also am not showing a user code sensor.

The Schlage lock? Are you using the integration? The lock should appear in the drop down.

Yes I am using the integration and when I get the the point of configuration, I donā€™t have a user code sensor to select. Same issue as described above by user tvo. I also tried to zwave exclude and re-include the lock and have the same exact entities.

Here is my entity list for the lock:Capture1

Iā€™ve got most of this working but struggling with notifications. There is an error in my log Could not render template kahudoor Status Report: str: Invalid domain name ā€˜UCā€™

In my common.yaml file Iā€™ve got

value_template: >
        {% set UC = 'sensor.schlage_allegion_be469_touchscreen_deadbolt_alarm_level_kahudoor' %}
        {% set AC = 'sensor.schlage_allegion_be469_touchscreen_deadbolt_access_control_kahudoor' %}

{% if (((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.UC.last_changed)) < 15) and ((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.AC.last_changed)) < 15)) %}

{% set usercode_value = states(UC) %}
          {% set alarm_type_value = states(AC) %}

any ideasā€¦?

Iā€™m not sure how youā€™re pulling those entities up, but are you sure thereā€™s not another ā€œpageā€ set of results?

I say this because I too, even as the developer (along with @firstof9) have had issues with all lock entities not appearing. It took a lot of headaches to resolve this. I ended up bricking my lock in the process and had to buy a new one. What finally worked was getting a new USB Zwave stick.

I donā€™t know how many zwave devices are part of your network, but if you can stomach having to rebuild your zwave network (perhaps using the backup/restore utility) I suggest you remove all zwave devices from your HA network and then factory reset your USB z-wave stick using a paper clip. I had already spent so much time and money on my bricked lock that another $50 for a new stick didnā€™t phase me.

If you do start with a new z-wave network, make sure you keep things simple at first. Only add the lock and door sensors, if any.

Are you using zwave or ozw?

zwave. Tried with firstof9ā€™s automated install and ended up with that error. Just started from scratch compiling the newest one from your repo and have ended up with the same error

Have also noticed the Status Report service is unavailable and canā€™t be started

Are you using v0.0.13-ozw? From the integration increase the number of Code slots by one, click submit. Then check the packages directory to see if your new value for code slots has a matching number of files, e.g. frontdoor_lock_manager_5.yaml If not, your files arenā€™t being generated properly and you should first restart Home Assistant (or even reboot your machine running it)

Iā€™ve just copied the Master zip. Is that incorrect? Could use the v13 ozw one but am not using the OpenZWave integration

Donā€™t have an integration to add one slot and press submitā€¦

Install via HACS. Thereā€™s instructions somewhere in this thread.

okay yeah Iā€™ve done that now. Added a 9th code slot, rebooted. It added. However now I have a binary_sensor.active_mydoor1 error on every slot, and on the newly added slot entity not available for all the inputs as well

Anytime you make a change via the GUI integration and click submit, you need to restart home assistant to load the changes. You should post a screenshot of your GUI inputs as well as the errors youā€™re getting. We canā€™t really help you if you just say youā€™re getting ā€œan errorā€.

So Iā€™ve gone full circle now back to the Invalid Domain Name (ā€˜UCā€™) error

Sorry I just needed a full restart before as you said for the other entity id errors.

Now using v11 to avoid the ozw/set_usercode errors. But also tried v13 and manually changing those ozw/set_usercode lines to the v11 version, also tried master. Keep getting this error.

Maybe worth noting as well on the set UC line mine is sensor.lock.alarm_level but saw on a post earlier from firstof9 his was lock.user_code but I donā€™t have that sensor

{% set UC = 'sensor.schlage_allegion_be469_touchscreen_deadbolt_alarm_level_kahudoor' %}

also just noting everything else seems to work, I can set user codes and unlock/lock the door

Error 1

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 306, in async_render_to_info
    render_info._result = self.async_render(variables, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 285, in async_render
    return compiled.render(kwargs).strip()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1090, in render
    self.environment.handle_exception()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832, in handle_exception
    reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 28, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "<template>", line 2, in top-level template code
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py", line 407, in getattr
    value = getattr(obj, attribute)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 415, in __getattr__
    raise TemplateError(f"Invalid domain name '{name}'")
homeassistant.exceptions.TemplateError: str: Invalid domain name 'UC'

Please donā€™t mix and match code manually. Use v13ozw apply the integration and reboot. Then report your errors. If youā€™re using ozw, then use an ozw version. Donā€™t use master. At all.

You are seeing different sensors than @firstof9 because he has a different lock. Heā€™s using a Kiwkset and you have a Schlage. As a Schlage user you should see something like this:

You can see the selected sensor is a ā€œuser_codeā€ and the one below is an ā€œaccess_controlā€. If you arenā€™t seeing those, then youā€™re lock has not been added properly to your zwave network.

Wait, earlier you said you were using OpenZWave? Did you change at some point?

I was using the integrated zwave 1.4

Never got a user_code sensor so I tried re-pairing the lock, no dice.

Have now switched to the OpenZWave beta and v13ozw and I do now have a user_code sensor. Havenā€™t quite finished setting it all up but hopefully this works

okay so being on the newest version and using OpenZWave is working. No errors now, also no notifications yet but weā€™ll get there, havenā€™t really had a crack at that yet

thanks for the help!

Nice job. I hope they release ozw ā€” and soon. I donā€™t want to go back to supporting two versions.

No, I have not been successful in getting additional user code entities. I havenā€™t tried the more drastic measures yet, either.