KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

I see the problem, I’ve updated my previous post.

That’s actually something I’m planning on doing, but since I only have one lock I won’t be able to test. My plan is to create an integration for each lock as currently required. So let’s say you have frontdoor and backdoor. You would then specify backdoor is a slave to frontdoor. Then all backdoor PINS and PIN status from the frontdoor integration would apply to the backdoor integration. But this would be an “all or nothing” scenario. No partial PIN mappings.

1 Like

Awesome! The change to the include directive looks to have done the trick. The lock UI now loads cleanly. Will test it out a bit more when I get home. Thanks again!

1 Like

Quick question about the “synced pin”

So if I cleared all codes from my lock. I waited 15 minutes. Codes are not back in the lock. What would be the steps to have it know that the codes have been removed and “re-add” them. Should it be automatic.

If they’re toggled enable and the code slot is reporting empty it should pop them in relatively quickly.

Just wanted to report. With my older be469 (not zwave plus) version of the lock. When I clear the codes using the keypad. It did not report back to ozw. I waited 20-30 minutes. Codes did not get reloaded. Looking at OZW control panel showed the “codes” as filled. I restarted OZW, and watched and the codes still did not clear from OZW control panel. I tested several times, and the lock itself was definitely cleared. I refreshed the node in OZW control panel, and that did the trick. The codes cleared after 30-60 seconds, and then were almost immedately reloaded by Home Assistant Lock manager.

Unfortunately the work around for these locks isn’t 100% there’s going to be some discrepancies due to the lock not producing the codes like other locks :frowning:

1 Like

Totally understand. Just wanted to share my experience. Yeah, my issues look to be more with OZW than lock manager. I tested the clearing of the codes with HA turned off at one point and just monited OZW. Nothing. The lock did not report that codes being cleared to OZW.

Sounds more an issue with firmware programming than an issue with ozw really :frowning:
That’s what happens when you outsource important things like this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You can consider an automation to refresh your ozw lock node, which fixes your issue. It’s not ideal but it works.

1 Like

Thanks @FutureTense for a awesome integration! The wiki docs are great. I haven’t found information on how the system_ready input_boolean is being used. What is this variable used for?

So interestingly enough, I’m set up but only one of the codes shows up as synced with the lock. The other code just says connecting all the time. That said. It appears both codes control the lock.

Is this a BE469 lock and using the zwave integration?

@firstof9 Its a Kwikset 910. Its working now fully. However, another Kwikset 910 and the 916 I have both come up as not found despite the packages being directed in the config file. I don’t think I set up anything different than the first Kwikset 910, this time its just not working.

ozw or zwave ?

I have a 910 as well, and it works perfectly in ozw with lock manager.

Nah the regular zwave. I’m not doing the beta switchover yet.

You might need to enter a code into the PIN input and then toggle it on/off for it to kick into gear, the old zwave integration is annoying like that.

That did it. Now they show up. The 916 lock seems to be having some problem updating the codes. I’ll need to do some more troubleshooting. The 910s work perfectly though.

1 Like

Hey there Lock-Manager users. Due to the way that integrations operate, using a - as part of the integration name prevents you from calling an integration’s services from automations, scripts, etc. When we discovered this, we had more pressing concerns and accepted the limitation. However now that the project has matured a bit more, this limitation is becoming a hindrance. So we are going to go through the somewhat tedious process of renaming the integration. We were just going to call it LockManager and be done with it. But since we are doing this, I thought we should consider other alternatives. I have no idea why I called my project Lock-Manager, considering @ptdalen was already using LockManager for his project. This was incredibly rude of me, and I want to publicly apologize to him for that oversight.

So I’m posting here, looking for some suggestions. Please share them and I’ll update the list in this post. So far we have:

• LockManager
  • LockMaster
  • LockScheduler
  • LockSync
  • InOut
  • KeyMaster

Not very imaginative I suppose, but that’s why we’re asking. You can also imagine changing Lock to PIN, or adding Man or Buddy in there. I’m creative, but I’m not a marketing guy. I’d like something that people would find by searching HACS and something that is self explanatory. Being catchy is a bonus.

When thinking about the “self explanatory” objective, take a moment to think about what this project really does and how most people arrived here. This project does something that none of the lock manufacturers have given their customers; a way to program the lock with codes to operate the lock independently from the lock itself. While Schlage calls them “codes” we prefer to use the acronym PIN, because it is universally known. And I dare say most of the people here only use this to add PINS for family, and occasionally a pet sitter. But if the advanced options are used, this is ultimately creates a PIN schedule. So let’s hear your brilliance!

2 Likes

How about LockSmith? Since this software is kind of like one.

1 Like