KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Use this button: Open your Home Assistant instance and show your scripts. to get to your scripts area and then:

Select Add Script

Set the name to be <lockname>_manual_notify (replace <lockname> with the name of your keymaster lock definition (spaces are converted to ‘_’)
Set the mode to Parallel

Add your notification configuration in the sequence. You must have at least one action defined to be able to save the script.

This was extremely helpful. Thank you!

For those of you having trouble getting KeyMaster to communicate with your Schalge BE469ZP lock with zwavejs2mqtt, try re-interviewing the node. I had a heck of a time getting this lock to accept codes from KeyMaster. I pulled the battery from the lock, restarted zwavejs2mqtt, restarted Home Assistant, removed and re-added the KeyMaster integration, but all I could get was “connecting” when I tried to apply a new lock code. I knew it wasn’t KeyMaster because I had absolutely no trouble with my Kwikset 910 and 912 locks. For the heck of it, I tried re-interviewing the node. As soon as the process was complete, I was successfully able to apply codes to the lock from KeyMaster. Click on the ADVANCED button for the Schlage lock’s node in the zwavejs2mqtt Control Panel. You will find the Re-interview Node utility there.

1 Like

I just switched everything from the legacy Z-wave to Z-Wave Plus and everything is working great on the Z-Wave side. I’m actually getting more sensor info out of the lock than before which is nice! But haven’t been able to get Lock Master set back up, the codes are stuck at “connecting”. I have a feeling it’s because I can’t select anything for the “Alarm Level/User Code Sensor (from lock)” option. I did enable all the disabled entries in the Z-Wave config for the lock. I compared the entities and with Z-Wave JS it’s a combination of sensor and binary_sensor, where the legacy Z-Wave was all sensor. Could that be causing the problem? Below is my comparison between the old and new.

OLD
Entity_ID Original Name
lock.frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt Locked
sensor.front_door_deadbolt_access_control_frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt Access Control
sensor.front_door_deadbolt_alarm_level_frontdoor_frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt Alarm Level
sensor.front_door_deadbolt_alarm_type_frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt Alarm Type
sensor.front_door_deadbolt_battery_level_frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt Battery Level
sensor.front_door_deadbolt_burglar_frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt Burglar
sensor.front_door_deadbolt_indicator_frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt Indicator
sensor.front_door_deadbolt_power_management_frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt Power Management
sensor.front_door_deadbolt_sourcenodeid_frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt SourceNodeId
sensor.front_door_deadbolt_system_frontdoor Schlage (Allegion) BE469ZP Connect Smart Deadbolt System

NEW
Entity_ID Original Name
lock.front_door_lock Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus
binary_sensor.front_door_lock_access_control_keypad_temporary_disabled Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Access Control - Keypad temporary disabled
binary_sensor.front_door_lock_access_control_lock_jammed Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Access Control - Lock jammed
sensor.front_door_lock_battery_level Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Battery level
binary_sensor.front_door_lock_home_security_intrusion Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Home Security - Intrusion
binary_sensor.front_door_lock_low_battery_level Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Low battery level
binary_sensor.front_door_lock_power_management_replace_battery_now Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Power Management - Replace battery now
binary_sensor.front_door_lock_power_management_replace_battery_soon Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Power Management - Replace battery soon
binary_sensor.front_door_lock_system_system_hardware_failure Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: System - System hardware failure
binary_sensor.front_door_lock_the_current_status_of_the_door Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: The current status of the door
sensor.front_door_lock_access_control_keypad_state Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Access Control - Keypad state
sensor.front_door_lock_access_control_lock_state Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Access Control - Lock state
sensor.front_door_lock_home_security_sensor_status Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Home Security - Sensor status
sensor.front_door_lock_indicator_value Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Indicator value
sensor.front_door_lock_power_management_battery_maintenance_status Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: Power Management - Battery maintenance status
sensor.front_door_lock_system_hardware_status Touchscreen Deadbolt Z-Wave Plus: System - Hardware status

Are you able to lock/unlock the lock from within Home Assistant?

If so, try re-interviewing the lock.

Otherwise, if you cannot lock/unlock the lock from HA, your network key is wrong/missing you’ll need to fix that.

This happened to me when the pin codes that were already in the lock did not match pin codes in the key master configuration. Changing them to match (check the logs) fixed it for me. You can also exclude, hard reset and re add the lock.

Saw the new update to v0.0.31 and was looking thru the changes. I thought binary_sensor.allow_automation was removed with previous versions?

It has been, I believe these are from FutureTense’s personal autolock script that haven’t been modified yet.

1 Like

excellent package but a little heavy for my needs. would love a light version that just manages codes with a toggle for active. if I wanted to enable or disable a slot on a schedule I would just use an automation. still, great work and thank you.

I’m not sure if I missed something but could never get notifications working. possibly related to HA moving to “zwave-js-notification” events or because my lock is missing the “alarmType” entity. did manage to get a Node-RED automation working so went that direction.

You’re using the old LockMaster? Regardless, uninstall the integration and install KeyMaster. I even had to do that. Then re-include or re-interview your lock. Be patient, it might take a couple of hours for it to start working again.

It’s really not that “heavy”. It runs well even on a puny Raspberry pi.

on my i5 server just switching to the management page with 6 codes active causes a 5-10sec freeze. when I first started using it thought it broke my mobile client. there’s also the ~40 useless (to me) helpers it creates that load up the Entities page. I’m glad it’s working well for you, just overkill for my needs.

Has anyone had this issue before? I had both locks working great for a few weeks. I get a call from my wife that she cant get in. I look at the lock pages and it shows both locks as connecting with all the pins not synced. I see [Lock Front Door: Access Control - Keypad temporary disabled], I was able to open the lock from HA, and Zwave JS shows both nodes as active.

Im not at home so i cant really diagnose this full yet, but anything i can try from my dash board? Should i back up to a few days back? Idk why it woul dahave stopped working, nothing changed.

This is a supposition only, but might the lock have detected possible intrusion attempt and disabled access? I dunno what that actually looks like to Keymaster but I know that my locks will stop responding to codes for 5 minutes if it gets 5 miscodes in a short amount of time.

Just an update. I tested my idea on a lock and no, it didn’t disconnect my pins when it went into lockout mode.

The only time I’ve personally had any issues with pins not being connected was when I was first setting up and there was a code that for some reason was out of sync. Trying to clear it with all the toggles didn’t work so I ended up having to call the clear code service directly to get things to finally start registering correctly.

well i went through and updated everything( i was on an older version) and everything is back up and running. Still lost on why it wants working earlier.

The lovelace that’s generated isn’t the defacto must use, you can trim out bits you don’t need.

I’ll definitely agree with that! I’ve got 2 locks connected up and I’ve got a dedicated dashboard to just the locks. Each lock gets its own tab for all of the slots and then I’ve got another tab for just slots that I make adjustments to on any kind of regular basis.

To top it off, I have the dashboard open to a blank tab so that I can easily then select the specific tab I want without having to wait for the entire tab to render before switching!

The easiest solution is to only create the number of slots you actually need.

True, I have mine slimmed down to 6, there’s still some weird “lovelace lag” while it renders all the date/time inputs and such.