KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Enter your codes into the PIN fields for slots 1-5.

They were populated (seems as though they were imported from HA somehow despite completely erasing and copying in the new YAML file).

I re-entered each of themā€¦ No joy.
Disabled them and rebooted HAā€¦ reenabled themā€¦ still no joyā€¦
Changed the pin on code 1 to a new pin, enabled itā€¦ no joyā€¦
rebooted HA againā€¦ still no joyā€¦

Still getting the same debug messages for all 5 slots, even though 2-5 are currently not enabled.

Great job on this! Iā€™m loving this integration. It works perfectly for my Schlage BE469. I ended up documenting the installation in a step-by-step guide with screenshots, if anyone would like to reference that: https://smarthomepursuits.com/how-to-install-keymaster-to-manage-z-wave-lock-pins-in-home-assistant/

1 Like

I never usually install an RC version of HA, but did to fix other issues. I did this yesterday. I dont change door codes often,so I dont know if there are nodejs changes that are gonna require a few fixes in Keymaster, but all my codes are stuck in connecting or disconnecting. Not asking for help, just passing this on just in case.

One thing that was added in the new upcoming verion is the ability to make changes to node zwave configuration. For example all of the zwave settings for my be469 are now available in the nodeJS zwave gui and can be set with service calls. I know this was being looked at by keymaster too, but this might be enough to skip it.

EDIT: I realize that all of my sensor.frontdoor_code_slot_XX are unavailable. Trying to figure out why

I just installed KeyMaster and trying it out for the first time.
Iā€™m using a Yale Assure lock and the old fashioned Zwave (not zwave_js).
After changing a code the PIN status changes to ā€˜Connectingā€™ and nothing happens.
Weirdly, after a reboot of HA the status comes up as ā€œConnectedā€ and upon checking the new code is applied and allows me to open the lock.
Iā€™m using 0.0.28. I tried downgrading to 0.0.27 but that didnā€™t make a difference.

Sounds like allow_automations is not turned on.

I recommend going in and editing the yaml in lovelace to add a button for that input, so you can see itā€™s status easily

Yup this is due to the changes in Home Assistant, raman325 has a PR ready to go for these changes.

1 Like

This is no longer a thing in the latest versions.

Thank you for that infoā€¦

Any further insight into my issue we were talking about the other day? I re-entered all ofmy codes, but still not getting any response whatsoever when i enable or disable them. Iā€™m still getting the same messages in the log as what I posted above.

zwave, ozw, or zwavejs?

zwavejs via zwavejs2mqtt (Mqtt is disabled)

If youā€™re running the latest version, youā€™re gonna have issues unless you run the nightly dev build of HA or fire up the beta. There were some changes (due to the v7.0 upgrade to the zwave-js driver) that are fixed in the next HA release.

And we have a PR waiting to get merged to fix those changes as well.

Child locks isnā€™t working yet.

I noticed lol

I currently have this working with a Schlage BE469 using the legacy Z-Wave configuration. Iā€™m planning on switching to Z-Wave JS soon. Do I need to remove the integration when I do that or just make sure the entities are correct in the KeyMaster configuration?

Just hit options, adjust as needed, and hit submit.

I am very new to Home Assistant, and I have been slowly migrating away from SmartThings over the past couple of weeks. KeyMaster provides the one feature that I was missing from SmartThings, the ability to manage key codes from the home automation hub. I have got everything working well with my Kwikset 910 lock except push notifications to my phone when the door is unlocked. I am using Nabu Casa as my Home Assistant Cloud. I did find the notification script example on the KeyMaster Wiki: https://github.com/FutureTense/keymaster/wiki/Notification-Example-Script. However, I am unsure where in the configuration YMAL file this should go or how to customize the actual message. Some guidance from someone who has successfully accomplished this appreciated.

Thanks for putting this in HACS and for the awesome integration! Would be nice if there was a quick option to get rid of the rf unlock messages that happen when my automations run at night to check that the doors are locked.

EDIT: And of course after I post this I realize I could just cycle the input_boolean off and on for the notifications in the automation.

It goes under your script section.

You need to setup a notify system as well.