Kia Uvo Integration

Has anyone checked this integration with Kia Connect? For new models, like the EV6, Kia says that the new App should be used. Can’t try it myself as I do not have a Kia at the moment. Will get the EV6 late January or early February.

They are all same thing with different naming :slight_smile: i have uvo v2, uvo v3 and kia connect working fine with my kia niro and integration is working

Thanks for info, will test as soon as I got the car. Great to have as much as possible in HA instead of different Apps.

So I installed this, but only found out about the “first car” issue when coming to this page. I have three cars in my Kia Connect account, two of which have UVO Connect. Of course, it pulled the one old car that doesn’t have anything, it’s just there for tracking purposes. Any plans to add support for multiple vehicles? Some way I can help? I’m not sure how I can change what the first car is in my account. I might just move them around to different accounts in the meantime.

we do not have a solution in place yet, you can track over here: Double car on account Hyundai · Issue #93 · fuatakgun/kia_uvo · GitHub

as a walk around, you can remove all other cars first, install integration to home assistant and add your cars later back into app. integration will only fetch the very first car.

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot!

Hello,

what should I do if I’m getting this when trying to install?

HA core 2021.5.1.

Open a github issue and please post your logs. A bug was also just reverted so may be worth a retry with master if you weren’t using v1.1.1.

1 Like

I was using master. I got v1.1.1 and this got installed. Now just to get the login working, probably have to wait 24hrs after password reset.

First, love this integration.
I do have a problem with turning on the A/C. Everytime I call the service I get this message:

“Failed to call service kia_uvo/start_climate. ‘Vehicle’ object has no attribute ‘region’”

What have I missed while setting this up?

Can you create an issue under repository and share your debug logs there please?

Sorry, quite new to all this, but you mean on github?

Yes, under GitHub, i remember similar issue (if i am not mistaken) you can also follow it, if they are same

I made this little page to show all of my Kona sensors:

type: picture-elements
elements:
  - type: state-icon
    entity: lock.os_ev_czech_20_door_lock
    style:
      top: 25%
      left: 45%
    entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_defroster
    style:
      left: 21%
    entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_back_window_heater
    style:
      left: 58%
    entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_tire_pressure_front_left
    style:
      top: 76%
      left: 83%
    entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_tire_pressure_rear_left
    style:
      top: 70%
      left: 30%
    entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_tire_pressure_front_right
    style:
      top: 80%
      left: 52%
    entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_tire_pressure_front_right
    style:
      top: 67%
      left: 15%
    entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_plugged_in
    style:
      top: 48%
      left: 97%
image: /local/kona.png
type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: glance
    entities:
      - entity: sensor.os_ev_czech_20_ev_battery
      - entity: sensor.os_ev_czech_20_range_by_ev
      - entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_air_conditioner
      - entity: lock.os_ev_czech_20_door_lock
      - entity: switch.lock
    state_color: true
    entities:
      - entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_door_front_left
      - entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_door_front_right
      - entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_door_rear_left
      - entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_door_rear_right
      - entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_trunk
    entities:
      - entity: sensor.os_ev_czech_20_odometer
      - entity: sensor.os_ev_czech_20_car_battery
      - entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_charging
      - entity: sensor.os_ev_czech_20_estimated_current_charge_duration
    entities:
      - entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_data
      - entity: binary_sensor.os_ev_czech_20_engine
      - entity: device_tracker.os_ev_czech_20_location
      - entity: sensor.os_ev_czech_20_last_update
      - entity: sensor.os_ev_czech_20_set_temperature
  - type: entities
    entities:
      - entity: sensor.os_ev_czech_20_geocoded_location

kona copy

6 Likes

Awesome Integration - well done!
I am currently using it with my brand new Ioniq 5 and everything is working as advertised.

The thing I love most:
With the Ioniq 5 App it was not possible to pre-heat the car at a cetain time (scheduling) without being connected to a wall-plug.

With this integration I was able to implement an automation that pre-heats the car every morning at 06:45 for 15 minutes - awesome - no longer have to remember to start it manually with my phone :slight_smile:

I was not aware that we are superior to native app :slight_smile: happy to hear that, on the other hand, you should be mindful, maybe they do this on purpose, to save the battery or ???. thanks for sharing

Definitely superior :slight_smile: !!!

You can pre-heat using the battery at the moment - but you have to do it manually (by clicking on a button in the app) - and you would of course only do that if you had enough juice in the battery.

So you are right, there is a pitfall when using an automation to schedule the pre-heating:
You could forget that you set it :slight_smile:

I am still trying to figure out a clever way to avoid that (maybe making a minimum SOC a condition for the automation?)

P.S.:
Just tried that out and you can set a minimum Battery SOC (e.g. 15%) for the automation to run.
So that leaves at least 30km in my battery in case I go on a holiday and forget the automation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love it – thank you for all the work you must have put into this! I have a USA Kia Telluride - gas powered. A sensor for Fuel Range isn’t being created but I can see the value in the “binary_sensor.telluride_data” entity under the “Vehicle data” attribute.

distanceToEmpty:
value: 67

Would anyone be willing to help with a template to get the value from the attribute?

Very nicely done. Do you have an entity for each tire ? On my Kona EV all I can see is “Tire Pressure - All”

Figured it out. In case anyone else needs:

value_template: "{{ state_attr('binary_sensor.telluride_data', 'vehicle_data')['vehicleStatus']['distanceToEmpty']['value'] }}"