Kia Uvo Integration

Yeah I’m a little worried about angering the API gods so decided to go a different way. Trying to trigger the automation only when my personal device_tracker leaves the home zone AND my phone is connected to the car’s Bluetooth instead.

Installed the integration fine and all seems to be working ok. I have raised a couple of issues on the github, one about the mileage conversion not rounding (purely a cosmetic thing) and secondly on heated steering wheel showing incorrectly.

Great work on this integration,

After some hassle with UVO/KIA account(s) i got it to work, thanks for that.

One of the supported services is stop/start charge. I like to use it to be able to control charging only on low tariff times from my DSMR integration. How do i setup this stop/start charging?

you can create automation inside HA at respective events which can be fixed time or a programmatic result from your electric provider about prices and when event is triggered, you should call start_charge.

On the other hand, this requires a steady connection between HA and your car’s mobile network and I am having issues with this because my garage is located in basement, so if this is the case, I do not advise you to do so. It would be better to stick with UVO’s fixed time schedule as a solution.

One last call, there is no guarantee that the sent message will be processed your car, which is also valid for UVO app. So it would be nice to implement a retrial mechanism (set a timer for 8PM and 8:10PM as an example)

Thanks for your answer, i give it a try.

Could it be you uploaded the wrong files? I thing the charging pics should be .png as well. and those are .jpeg.

Could you share the bottom part of the card as well?

I had updated the first post to include my latest findings about how to force update data when vehicle is stopped.

Integration had been updated with new sensors about remaining time to charge.

My phone allows multiple bluetooth connections at once (I think) and creates a list of MACs in Connected paired devices so I did this for a connected to car binary sensor (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx is my car bluetooth MAC):

- name: "Phone Connected to Car"
    state: >
      {% set connection = state_attr('sensor.phone_bluetooth_connection', 'connected_paired_devices' ) %}
      {% set list = connection.split(',') %}
      {% for x in list %}
        {% if 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' in x %}
          True
        {% endif %}
      {% endfor %}
3 Likes

Yes, very similar thinking, liked it

Post updated, something seemed off. Added the Glance card as well.

Canada integration has been deployed with most of the same features as the EU version. Open an issue on github if you want anything else from the CA side that is missing.

Thanks a lot @cdnninja i was not able to help you a lot through it as i want to, you made it very well. Thanks again

hi, i’m an italian user i tried to log in with 2 accounts but i always get this error:

Set up your Kia Uvo / Hyundai Bluelink to integrate with Home Assistant.

Login failed into Kia Uvo / Hyundai Bluelink Servers. Please use official Kia Uvo app to logout and log back in and try again!

I

Took some attempts to login but it’s working now, thanks a lot! I drive a new Hyundai Tucson in the Netherlands. now still have to play around with it but I’m missing the information on the heated seats, maybe this can be added?

Could you check if your “data” entity in HA contains the data you would you? If so please open an issue on github and we can add heated seats. Please include the data entity contents so we can map to it.

1 Like

sorry, did not see the data in the data. will open a Git issue. thanks!

Are you able to post the full data dump on github?

Super :grinning:

Right now this is adding HA

6 Likes

Hello,

Beautiful card. Is it possible to share the code of this one?

I used card, code from: