Kiosk Browser Authentication

Hi All,
Been using chrome as a kiosk browser on a screen to display HA information. Since the authentication was added I cannot get it to auto login. I have a chrome browser running on a raspberry pi hooked up to an old monitor mounted for view only access.

To handle crashes or restarts I set the browser to overwrite its file each boot to remove any errors and prevent popups from browser on the screen.

#!/usr/bin/sh
cp /home/pi/.config/Preferences /home/pi/.config/chromium/Default
chromium-browser --noerrdialogs --kiosk https://MYHA

However now we need to authenticate I cannot get it to save the login (even though i select that option after each login). The set up has no mouse/keyboard, what can I do to still get full screen display without browser errors but a successful login? I have seen suggestions of username:password in URL but no combinations I tried have worked.

Many thanks

would like to know this too as I plan on adding a tablet for home alarm integration

Does anyone have a solution to this? I’m in the same situation. Have a RPI hooked up to a TV with no mouse/keyboard and would like a fullscreen browser kiosk.

still working on it and not found a way yet

Alright, I may take a crack at adding a custom auth provider that would work just from a query param. Have been reading through the code but haven’t actually dove into it yet.

However, I did just plug a mouse into my RPi for a second to click the button and that worked too :slight_smile:

@bighead85

and others, i fixed it!