Kiosk Mode for Family with Kids

Hi!

First of all, a few words about my setup:

We are a family of five, the oldest child is 10 years old, and live in a rented apartment, not a house.
Both adults work and my husband is a bit of a DAU when it comes to IT (sorry :D)
So I’m doing this on my own and have a few other things to do in addition to the “smart home” hobby.
So my focus is on usability for DAUs (sorry again) and low-maintenance configurations (I think we all want that).

Now to my project: There are two tablets here that run in kiosk mode and are each mounted to the wall.
Both tablets are switched on all the time. One tablet is in the corridor next to the front door, the other one is in the kitchen.

Corridor (a 10’’ China device for 60 euros. I was sceptical at first, but it’s quite enough)

• SONOS control (we usually only switch it off here if it’s annoying)
  • Robot vacuum cleaner control (the children love sending the robot into their room. I like to have it vacuum the corridor quickly if you only leave the house for a short time).
  • Info about temperature and humidity (this is currently just an observation and will be moved).
  • Weather (favourite gadget for our older child when asked what he’s wearing today :D)
  • Calendar (still quite new in this view, just super practical)
  • Datetime (not so exciting)
  • Attendance (only applies to me, my husband, and the older child. I can’t track the little childs)
  • Close church (a daily to-do that we are reminded of on a time-controlled basis and can tick off here)
    There are also other views for the calendar, light, an unfinished room plan and sensor info. The camper symbol contains our packing list as a to-do list.

Kitchen (a Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+, we received it as a gift)

• Calendar
  • Weather
  • Light and boiler (two smart and much-used devices in our kitchen)
  • Heating and window information for the kitchen, dining room and bedroom (these rooms are in the immediate vicinity of the kitchen)
    The view for the packing list and the calendar are also repeated on the kitchen tablet, as in the corridor.
    We also use two other apps on the kitchen tablet (Cooking and Shopping List). We all love the shopping list!

I hope I’ve been able to give you an exciting insight into our tablets, which, as I said, also need to be usable for children and non-technic people. And for me to operate with little maintenance effort.

I look forward to your feedback!

Best Regards,
Maike