Kiosk non-dev mode for front-end

Hi,

It would be great to be able to have a home assistant kiosk / regular user (non-developer) front-end mode set in the configuration.yaml e.g. kiosk: or non-dev: etc that:

1. Default shows states UI or default view.
  2. Slide out menu that displays:
  • Logbook (Default visible menu item, configuration or customise.yaml controlled visible / hidden)
  • History (Default visible menu item, configuration or customise .yaml controlled visible / hidden)
  • Configuration (default menu item hidden)
  • Dev tools (default menu item hidden)
  • Logout
  • Shutdown or Restart

On restart kiosk / dev mode is retained until remove or commented out in configuration.yaml

Is this possible?

It’s mostly there already.

Thanks for this, on my Android phone in Chrome I go to IP:8123/kiosk and inside chrome (with www bar and menu etc showing) the menu panel has gone.

However if I add to home screen and open from an icon on Android it goes full screen but kiosk mode not working and the menu panel is back.

Do you know if I have to add something configuration.yaml to make it permanent?

Kiosk mode isn’t permanent. You have to go to the /kisosk url to get it.
I don’t use an android device so I can’t speak to why creating a shortcut doesn’t include that part of the url.

There certainly seems to be some bug with kiosk mode. I tried to create a fullscreen kiosk for the kids’ room iPad. Works fine opening the first time, but on reload the hamburger menu shows up and they can access anything.