KlikAanKlikUit (KAKU) on Home Assistant

Hello everybody,

I’m new in the world of domotics. So correct me if i’m wrong.

At our office, we are changing from KAKU to Philips Hue. But after some research we came to the conclusion there are nog dimmable smart plugs that work with ZigBee but with WiFi, 433mHz. This means that the Hue bridge can’t work together with KAKU, at least not with the equipment we have here.

Thats why we came to the point to use Home Assistant instead of the Hue app.

So I installed Home Assistant on a RP4 and linked my bridge etc.

And now I try to find my KAKU gateway, but also in Home Assistant I cant see my ICS-2000.

There is not much information on the internet to make this work. I saw a page where we can use a Arduino but my question is, are there other ways to make this work?

Thanks already!

if you search on the ICS-2000 you will find some posts here (KlikaanKlikuit) , it seem not to be working, the ICS-1000 will work. I have the old HomeWizard and this is working as well. Alternative is buying the RFXCOM RFXtrx ( https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/rfxtrx/ ) and get it working with the integration.

2 Likes

I do have the Smartbridge of Klikaan/Klikuit and everything works fine for mee. And every thing is connencted to Google Home Assisant. But he program will change all of my KAKU switches to lights en not to switches how do i change this?

light:

• platform: ics2000
    mac: *********
    email: !secret kaku_username
    password: !secret kaku_password
    tries: 3 # Optional, defaults to 3
    sleep: 2 # Optional, defaults to 3