KNX Climate heating actuator MDT

Hi all,

I currently encountered a problem. I can’t change the setpoint temperature in the UI

Any idea?
In the logs I get this error:

2020-07-16 19:44:22 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] max value exceeded at heater: 6.5
2020-07-16 19:44:27 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] max value exceeded at heater: 6.5
2020-07-16 19:44:33 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] max value exceeded at heater: 8.0
2020-07-16 19:45:11 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] max value exceeded at heater: 14.0
2020-07-16 19:45:30 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] max value exceeded at heater: 6.5
2020-07-16 19:45:34 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] Ignoring not implemented CEMI: <UnsupportedCEMIMessage description="APCI not supported: 0b1111000000" />

Try adding setpoint_shift_step = 0.1 to your configuration.

this snipped solved it

setpoint_shift_min: -15
    setpoint_shift_max: 15

FYI:
the pull request was merged into the xknx “next” branch

[Update]
Alright. I found my mistake :slight_smile:
I had to enable send setpoint change in the MDT-device and after that I could add a group address for the temperature state address
[/Update]

Hi all,

after a long time I giving it a new try.
I am running the newest Version of HA (0.115.2) but I cannot manage to get my climate controlled via HA. I am still facing the problem that I am not able to set a target_temperature_state_address because it is simply not supported by the MDT heating actor. It only works with setpoint_shift_address.

The is only a group address that gives me the status of the actuator in percent.

I dont understand why I need the target_temperature_state_address when I just want to set the target temperatur to an “comfort value + setpoint_shift”.

Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this problem?

1 Like

So have you now found a solution @markusmazurczak
can you share your ETS Config and KNX config? I’m currently setting it up and still struggeling to get it right.

Update, I got it working, except that the mode changes always back to away, when I change temperature and stays like this until the configured cyclic hvac state update is received from KNX.

Thank you

Sorry for my late answer and only for the sake of completeness:

I activated the option Send setpoint change:

After that I was able to configure a group address where HA can read the current setpoint temperature from:

After changing that configuration and programming the device the channels stepped into Standby mode and I have had to manually set every channel to comfort-Mode back so that HA can send new current setpoint temperature.

My HA configuration looks like this:

- name: climate_control.bathroom
  temperature_address: '12/0/6'
  setpoint_shift_address: '7/0/6'
  setpoint_shift_mode: 'DPT9002'
  target_temperature_state_address: '7/1/6'
  setpoint_shift_min: -6
  setpoint_shift_max: 6
  temperature_step: 0.5
  min_temp: 15.0
  max_temp: 26.0

In my case the attribute setpoint_shift_mode is crucial.

1 Like

Thank you! I have played around further as well and made it work to have it come up with Comfort Mode and I’m using cycling 5 minute updates for HVAC mode so it all changes to comfort after reboot and after changing the value. If you like I can also share what I have configured.

I’m going crazy with this. Currently I get the message all the time:
2020-09-24 11:15:34 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] Attempted to set value for non-writable device: climate_control.bathroom - Target temperature (value: 15.0)

And I dont get it. The device works with setpoint_shift and not by setting an target temperature but the HA config needs a target_temperature_state_address. Why is Home-Assistant always trying to set the target temperature and not sending the setpoint_shift to the given address (setpoint_shift_address)

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy

Is your target_temperature_state properly readable from the bus?
It can’t set the setpoint if it doesn’t know the current target.

Show some config please.

Hi,

you can see what I did at this post: KNX Climate heating actuator MDT
I can read the value without any problem using ETS. I dont know any way in Home-Assistant to execute a proper KNX-read to see it if works.

[Update]
I can read the value using a little NodeJS Script without any problem:

> C:\Users\Shelltux\Programming\nodejs>node knx_weather_server.js
> [info] "2020-09-24T09:49:00.130Z"  'Loading knx: KNXnet/IP protocol implementation for Node(>=4.x), version: 2.3.7'
> Ich lebe nun auf deinem KNX-Bus
> Got guestroom temp change. OldValue: 0 - NewValue: 26
var knx = require('knx');

var guestroom_temp = new knx.Datapoint({ga: '7/1/6', dpt: 'DPT9.002', autoread: true});
var connection = new knx.Connection( {
    ipAddr: '192.168.178.118', ipPort: 3671,
    loglevel: 'info',
    manualConnect: true,  
    forceTunneling: true,
    minimumDelay: 10,
    suppress_ack_ldatareq: false,
    handlers: {
      connected: function() {
        console.log('Ich lebe nun auf deinem KNX-Bus');
        guestroom_temp.bind(connection);
      },
      // get notified for all KNX events:
      /*event: function(evt, src, dest, value) { 
          console.log("event: %s, src: %j, dest: %j, value: %j", evt, src, dest, value);
      },*/
      error: function(connstatus) {
        console.log("**** ERROR: %j", connstatus);
      }
    }
});

guestroom_temp.on('change', function(oldvalue, newvalue) {
    console.log("Got guestroom temp change. OldValue: %d - NewValue: %d", oldvalue, newvalue);
});

connection.Connect();

[/Update]

Ah I see. Is it just the bathroom not working, or all climate devices?

Sadly all of them

Try to set the Read-Flag on your actuators setpoint_shift communication object and configure setpoint_shift_state_address to the same GA as setpoint_shift_address. (It needs a value on this GA and target_temperature_state_address before it can work).

Also remove min_temp and max_temp - this is covered by setpoint_shift_min and _max.

1 Like

That seems to do the trick. Thanks for that

Hello Chris, did you find a solution for the mode always flipping back to “away” when changing the temperature? I have the same problem.

This will be fixed in 0.116

3 Likes

Hello Guys,

i also have a problem with my mdt heating.

I change my temperture via 1 Bit. This works perfectly with my mdt gt2.

But if i change my temperture +0,5 on HomeAssistant the value ist written to my temp state adress.
After some min. my MDT GT2 writes his current target temp and the value bouces back to -0,5.

Here is my config:

climate:
   - platform: knx
     name: Schlafzimmer
     temperature_address: '0/1/4'           # Ist Wert
     setpoint_shift_address: '8/4/0'        #  Sollwertverschiebung
     target_temperature_state_address: '8/5/3'    # Soll Wert
     operation_mode_address: '8/4/1'        # Betriebsmodus
     operation_mode_state_address: '8/5/4'  # Betriebsmodus status
     min_temp: 15
     max_temp: 26

Setting the Operationsmode works perfectly fine.

MDT-proprietary 1-Bit temperature shift isn’t supported in the knx integration. You will have to use another shift method in your actuator.

1 Like

well that makes sence than :slight_smile: so 1 or 2 Byte doesnt matter, and works borth ?.

I have no clue which one should be the setpoint_shift_state_adress can u tell me where i have to the this GA in my MDT Actore

If it doesn’t have a dedicated one, use the same as for setpoint_shift_address and make sure the Read-Flag is set.

1byte and 2byte works both if you configure the right setpoint_shift_mode :wink: