KNX Climate heating actuator MDT

Can’t see it. KNX - Home Assistant

Does 2/2/3 send the new state after you change it from HA? Also from the switch?

2/2/3 is Just the Status of the target Temperature.
2/1/3 is used to Shift Up and down by 0.5°

UPATE: Sorry, I could fix it. Forgot to connect the GA “Status Sollwertverschiebung” to the Glastaster.

Hi guys,

I have read the whole thread and I am close to getting it to work. Currently I have a problem: I get the information on the Climate card with no problem, I can also set the mode and view the temperature (the existing and the setted). When I change the temperature to for example 22.5 degrees, it automatically drops to 3 or 6 degrees and stays there. Any ideas?

My config:

I dont know if I have the setpoint_shift_address right, since I dont have this option in ETS. Currently I am using Setpoint Comfort for it.

Any ideas maybe?

Setpoint_shift values are added to the base temperature. It seems you have it set to directly set the base temperature (or comfort… not sure from the screenshot) so setpoint_shift doesn’t apply.
What kind of actual do you use? Can you share a screenshot of its group objects (not the GAs) and settings?

Hi,

I am using MDT AKH-0600.02

Here are my group objects:

And also the settings:

The group object you get when you activate
“Setpoint value Offset over 1byte/2byte”
Is the thing setpoint_shift expects (and you’ll need to set a read-flag).
Without this just don’t use setpoint_shift.

Okay, so I should choose the 2Byte and assign the 5/0/105 to it? DataType of 105 should be 9.002 ?

2byte is Fine. The assignments have been extensively discussed in this thread - I don’t own an mdt actuator myself so not entirely sure.

Thanks Matthias, working like a charm now!

1 Like

@wackmofo I am facing the same problem. Could you please share your final ETS and Home Assistant config?

Hello,
i have problem with the shift address. My HA shows the actual setpoint temperature. If i changed them from 22 to 19 degrees, my actor does nothing and ha switches back to 22 degrees.

My config is:

climate:
    - name: "Wohnen"
      temperature_address: "4/1/1"
      target_temperature_state_address: "4/1/4"  #current setpoint
      setpoint_shift_address: "4/1/5"   #setpoint
      setpoint_shift_state_address: "4/1/5"
      setpoint_shift_mode: "DPT9002"
      temperature_step: 0.5
      operation_mode_address: "4/1/8"   #Betriebsmodus
      operation_mode_state_address: "4/1/9"  #Status Betriebsmodus
      min_temp: 18
      max_temp: 26

And my communication objects are

Perhaps i use the wrong communication object. But what is the right object?

This should be your 4/1/2 I think.

There are plenty examples in this thread you can compare with by group object number (or use German application to compare names since almost all MDT users seem to be German :person_shrugging:).

PS: in future ETS screenshots please include DPT and flags columns

it doesnt work. At the moment, if i change the setpoint temperature in HA, it sends 6 degrees to the knx bus and also in HA it displays, that the setpoint temperatur should be 6 degrees.
here is a complete screenshot and also in german :wink:

my current config looks like

climate:
      target_temperature_state_address: "4/1/2"  #current setpoint
      setpoint_shift_address: "4/1/2"   #setpoint comfort
      setpoint_shift_state_address: "4/1/4"
      setpoint_shift_mode: "DPT9002"

You can omit the setpoint_shift addresses completely and set an absolute value with target_temperature_address, if this works for you. This always depends on actuator configuration - unfortunately there are 1000 ways to configure these.

With setpoint shift:
target_temperature_state_address should always update with the current target value after changing setpoint (some actuators require this to be enabled, others do it automatically).
When your base temp is 21 (normally this is just set in the actuator config, but you seem to also have a GA for this 🤷), setpoint shift is -2 then target_temperature_state_address should read 19, whereas setpoint_shift_state_address would read -2

Not sure what the difference between your 4/1/2 and 4/1/4 is.

What actuator is this? I have not seen one from MDT with a group object for setpoint_shift_state - if 4/1/6 is what I think it is.

i have a MDT AKH-0800.03
My understanding is, that 4/1/4 sends the actuator the setpoint address to the bus. With 4/1/2 HA or something else could send a setpoint temperatur to the actuator.

What i dont understand is, why sends HA 6 degrees to the bus? I see the telegram on the group monitor which comes from HA to the GA.

edit:

It seems to be working. I removed the shifting part and added target temperatur. The config is now:

climate:
      target_temperature_address: "4/1/2"
      target_temperature_state_address: "4/1/4"  #current setpoint

Seems they have changed the whole application for the .3 models in comparison to .1 and .2 which were previously discussed in this topic. So not everything you read here may apply.
You could consider to start a new topic with a small guide for others using this actuator when you have successfully configured it. :wink:

This is the default setpoint_shift_max value. So I guess it received something odd at target_temperature_state_address, or nothing at all (not sure of the top of my head what it does then). When it received eg. 0 as `target_temperature_state and you set the new temp to 21 it will not send 21, but the max value to the setpoint_shift_address.

Hi, I have now read through the KNX Climate documentation as well as this and 2 other threads related to my issue - but somehow I get nowhere. My current set-up works perfectly via the Gira Mobile App - but I’d like to have it also working in HA (and through HA in Homekit too). Whatever I tried, it did not work :confounded:

What I have:

• Heating actuator: MDT AKH-0400.02
  • KNX server: Gira X1
  • Wall switch: Jung Universal

The only two communication objects of the heating actuator created in the ETS are:

• Control value (4/2/50)
  • State control value (4/2/51)

I determine the actual temperature via a temperature sensor in the wall switch (7/2/50)
I enter the target temperature via the Gira Mobile App (4/2/52).
In the Gira X1 I have created a LBS that compares the target/setpoint (4/2/52) and actual (7/2/50) values and then outputs the control value (4/2/50).

So, I have these 4 group addresses:

• 7/2/50 - Actual temperature
  • 4/2/50 - Control value
  • 4/2/51 - State control value
  • 4/2/52 - Target/Setpoint value

Most recently I tried in my knx-climate.yaml:

- name: "kitchen"                           # name
  temperature_address: "7/2/50"             # KNX group address for reading current room temperature from KNX bus. DPT 9.001
  target_temperature_address: "4/2/52"      # KNX group address for setting target temperature. DPT 9.001
  target_temperature_state_address: "?/?/?" # KNX group address for reading current target temperature from KNX bus. DPT 9.001
  min_temp: 17.0                            # Override the minimum temperature. 
  max_temp: 24.0                            # Override the maximum temperature.

The target_temperature_state_address is listed as required in the documentation.
Which address do I have to use here? Where do I get it from?

Whichever you can read the current target temperature from. Most use the regulator included in the heating actuator. If you prefer a regulator from an X1 logic you’ll have to add an address that responds to GroupValueRead requests there. It could also be a sepaarate address or the same as used for setting a new value (“4/2/52”).

ok, thanks a lot, so I will try “4/2/52” first:

- name: "kitchen"                             # name
  temperature_address: "7/2/50"               # KNX group address for reading current room temperature from KNX bus. DPT 9.001
  target_temperature_address: "4/2/52"        # KNX group address for setting target temperature. DPT 9.001
  target_temperature_state_address: "4/2/52"  # KNX group address for reading current target temperature from KNX bus. DPT 9.001
  min_temp: 17.0                              # Override the minimum temperature. 
  max_temp: 24.0                              # Override the maximum temperature.

To have an X1 respond to GroupValueRead requests you will have to configure it accordingly.