KODAK Solar Off-Grid Inverter 6.2kW

Hi :wave:t2:. Does anyone know if there is a way to read the inverter information via home assistant locally? So not having the info sent to the Voltronics server but directly to home assistant where I can then access it?

Have you found any Modbus docs for your Inverter? Assuming it have an RS485 or Ethernet connection for Modbus.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Do you know if that would be in the documentation that was supplied with my inverter? I have this inverter installed

It’s normally a separate developer document that the solar company isn’t that willing to give out.

You might also find this Kodak Inverter is just a rebrand. So if you can find the main brand you might have better luck finding the Modbus registers.

Yes, Kodak is a voltronics inverter. Does that help?

It looks like you can connect to the Voltronics vis RS232 or USB instead of Modbus.
Have a look here Programmatically read data from your Solar Inverter (Voltronic, Axpert, Mppsolar PIP, Voltacon, Effekta etc) and interface with Home Assistant via MQTT - Works with RS232 & USB!

Thanks so much, this is a huge help. One thing I’m not understanding, do I require separate units to run docker and home assistant? Or can both of these just be run off the same one, I was wanting to use an old i5 mini pc I have.

Depends how you want to install

Home Assistant OS directly on the device as bare metal. You can install the Portainer addon then just use any docker containers through that.

If you decided to keep the mini pc multipurpose you can host both HA and that docker container in docker.
Personally I am using Unraid as a NAS and run HA Core in docker and a lot of other docker containers.

If you are new to it all and don’t mind dedicating the Mini PC to HA it might be worth going down the HAOS route?

Yes, so the idea was to have the i5 dedicated to this, running HAOS. I’ll give it a bash with what you have suggested and feedback, thank you, Will.

Hey Will, I have home assistant up and running on a dedicated nuc. I can’t manage to find portainer in the add one store, am I missing something?

Looks like they have removed Portainer from the Add-on store WTH - Allow Portainer docker

This is where I’m at with the installation.

then type this in

run it

Then this

Run it

How do I get out of this config file now to run and configure the next two items?

Never mind that last message, I have figured it out. :wq = save and back

the last issue I’m now having is this