Kodi Android App: Can´t fetch data

Hi guys,

I just bought the Nvidia Shield “Console”. Everything went fine. Kodi is running smooth but i ran into a problem with the HA component. HA is unable to fetch the data from the Kodi (SPMC) App. So I tried to access the jsonrpc site on a browser which works.
I´m running SPMC v.16.4.1.

Does somebody has any idea?

First of all check the log of HA and set the log level to info. What exactly is the error message?

Edit:
Also did you try the normal Kodi App? Same problem there? SPMC != Kodi

Cheers

Hi,

the log message is the typical “homeassistant.components.media_player.kodi: Unable to fetch kodi data” get the same on my htpc when its off.

I also tried the normal Kodi App with the same result.

Edit: Tried it on a Fire TV. Same Issue.

I have it working on my fireTV. Did you enable HTTP access? Do you have a password / user for Kodi?
Did you try it without user / password? Also could you show your config for it in HA?

HTTP access - check
Password/User disabled - check (tried with and without)
Config

Works with my HTPC setup. I´m also able to connect to the web interface on my pc.

Okay that’s wierd. You don’t have a firewall or anything right?

Nope. Like I said its working with my HTPC running LibreELEC. But all my Android Boxes won´t.

Welp I’m out of ideas sorry :confused:
Edit: You have the latest version of ha yeah?

Sure 25.2 :slight_smile: Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Set your Kodi port to 80 instead of 8080 in Koddi settings and in your Yaml file.

Restart Kodi and then restart HA.

When I try to set it to 80 the “Webserver won´t boot” :frowning:

You are talking about setting it in the Kodi Android App correct?

Correct. It´s set to 8080 but when i try 80 the webserver won´t boot.

Chance the Kodi webserver port to 8080

It is. It´s set to 8080 and i can access it through my browser. Or have I misunderstood something?:confused: