Kodi Movies list

Hello Everybody!
I’m developing a component able to show the listi of kodi movies and playing it.
Here a Beta screenshot.

the problem: How can I retrieve Kodi’s setting from the entity ID? Or better: from the “friendly name” have back the kodi obejct in python?

Now I’m using directly kodi’s API but I think there should be a better approach.

Michele

6 Likes

Replying to myself:

Is this the right solution?

(almost) daily Kodi user here :smiley: i like the idea
if you post the code somewhere maybe i could here help.

I think I solved accessing and scanning hass.data object.
Now the mode works but is a mess!

Hey!
Nice idea, I was looking for this for a long time now. Could we try it out somehow?

This is a pretty good idea, especially that you can see the movie posters.
In the meantime, what I have done is to create a panel iframe that links to the mobile browser of Kodi. This shows me the movies and I can trigger to watch them as well. The interface is a little bland though.

Example: (Preformatted text not working for some reason - just indent the bottom 3 lines by 2 spaces)
kodi:
title: Kodi
url: http://IP_OF_KODI_BOX:8080
icon: mdi:kodi

Yes, I have that too as a temporary solution, I think this could be a workaround for it

Looking forward to seeing the development and further application of this. Happy to test it out and give feedback.

Same here, I’m happy to test. Would hosting my library via MySQL be an issue here?

Would also like to test… :slight_smile:

How is the project?

I wanted to test too. I wanted to view my new movies through the HA and can send to playback with a click.
I can not use the kodi web interface. Because I’m using the duckdns that gives me SSL access.
Let me know how your work is.

@Fluturenet, can you provide an update? Perhaps a github link?

Is development still going on, on this project ? I am also interested in a github link

I suppose it is time to recreate this vision…clearly the OP is MIA

1 Like

I’d use this for sure, it does look like like OP is MIA

@Fluturenet if this gets to you, do you happen to have this committed anywhere?

what about adding a iframe to the page

just thinking out side the Square