Kodi Remote

Check out the link in the post. I use ha-floorplan

1 Like

A little late, but the EPG/TV Guide is a window, so to bring it up you will need to call the method GUI.ActiveWindow. Something like this will work:

service: kodi.call_method
            service_data:
              method: GUI.ActivateWindow
              window: tvguide
              entity_id: media_player.kodi

To exit TV Guide you either select a channel or enter fullscreen PVR again like this:

service: kodi.call_method
            service_data:
              method: GUI.SetFullscreen
              fullscreen: true
              entity_id: media_player.kodi

I’m unable to wrap my head around the keyboard part. What is this “helper” needed here and how do I use it? I really want to add a on screen keyboard to my kodi remote. Can someone dumb down this part pls. Thanks.

An input_text helper, (Input Text - Home Assistant) mine is named “input_text.kodi_buffer” with a max length of 253.

Then i have these cards in the remote panel:

type: horizontal-stack
        cards:
          - type: custom:text-input-row
            entity: input_text.kodi_buffer
          - type: button
            tap_action:
              action: call-service
              service: script.turn_on
              service_data:
                entity_id: script.kr_send_text
            show_name: false
            icon: mdi:send
            icon_height: 30px
1 Like

Is it possible to use a card like the one in this link to control Kodi? - Lovelace: an awesome modified tv-card with touchpad and haptic feedback

I can get the other buttons to map to my kodi media player but no idea how to get the touchpad part to work.

Heres what I did

1. created a text input helper called input_text.kodi_buffer. Set max length of 100

2. created a script called kr_send_text and copied the contents of your script into it. But when i try to save the script it gives the error

Message malformed: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['sequence'][2]['target']['entity_id']
  1. I have no idea where to get custom:text-input-row I installed something I found called Lovelace Text Input Row from hacs. Is it the same thing?

Anyway, even after installing that I dont see a card with such a name in the cards list.

Sorry, but I am admittedly a noob so please bear with me. Thank you.

I had the same error when I initially pasted that script in – you need to remove the comment parts of the script (i.e. the // ... bits)

1 Like

Thanks for that. Now I have the script working (I can save it)

Still dont know where to get the custom: text-input-row card from

Hi
Can u please share all your code , iam also yatse remote fan :slight_smile:
all scripts and lovelace .thx

You can find it on GitHub Multi Layer Remote · ExperienceLovelace/ha-floorplan · Discussion #347 · GitHub

i will check .thx