Kodi status is randomly going to off while playing and goes back to playing after a few seconds

I installed the kodi integration to setup my kodi in HA.
My kodi is a Windows desktop computer.

I then setup an automation do dim the lights off when kodi’s status goes from whatever to playing and I set up another automation do dim the lights on whend kodi’s status goes from playing to whatever.

It seems to work but…

Randomly during the movie the lights dim on a few seconds and then goes off again. I looked in the logbook of HA and I see that media_player.kodi goes off for a few seconds during playback and then goes to playing again, so the automation seem to work, but the kodi’s integration seem to be the problem here.

If someone has the same issue or the solution to my problem, I would be glad to read about it !

Thank you community

1 Like

I have a similar issue. My Kodi is on an Android tablet. When streaming music, it only seems to update the title playing every 10-15mins or so and the widget goes offline and back randomly. If anyone has a solution for that, it would be really nice. It isn’t very useful to have a display widget if the information on it is stale or incorrect more than it is right.

I know it is very late answer, but I am experiencing the same issue. My KODI is running on Nvidia Shield device and I wasn’t able to find neither a solution or a workaround. The problem seems to be in the HA KODI integration though, since the actual HTTP interface of KODI is reporting correct values all the time but there are messages in the HA log: “Unable to connect to Kodi via websocket” for whatever reason.

Edit: Removing the user/pass authentication from KODI web interface seemes to solve this.