Kogan RGB Light

Hi all,

I’ve flashed my Kogan Smart light with tasmota and i’m trying to get it working in Home Assistant. I’ve been able to get the RGB component working but i cannot seem to get the light to go back to white without going into the Tasmota console and setting it manually. Is anyone able to help please?
`

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Study light test”
    availability_topic: “tele/studylight/LWT”
    command_topic: “tele/studylight/state/power”
    brightness_state_topic: “tele/studylight/state/dimmer”
    brightness_command_topic: “cmnd/studylight/dimmer”
    rgb_state_topic: “tele/studylight/state/color”
    rgb_command_topic: “cmnd/studylight/color”
    state_value_template: “{{ value_json.state }}”
    brightness_value_template: “{{ value_json.dimmer }}”
    rgb_value_template: “{{ value_json.color | join(’,’) }}”
    qos: 0
    payload_on: “ON”
    payload_off: “OFF”
    payload_available: “Online”
    payload_not_available: “Offline”
    optimistic: false

Delete your config from light.yaml, log into the light and in the Tasmota console run SetOption19 1.

This will make the light auto-discovered and imported into HA. You can then add it as an entity, long click on it, and a color wheel, brightness slider and white balance slider will appear.

Keep in mind that this particular light only has RGBW, there is no CCT control so the only “white light” you can get from that has any sort of brightness, is warm white. It fakes white light using the RGBs, so it is only about 10% of the brightness of the warm white LEDs.

I guess you did this using tuya-convert?

What did you do to get the lights into the update mode? The tuya-convert instructions say something about pushing a button but the lights I got don’t seem to have a button.

Never mind… all sorted… I was just a bit impatient.

Just for others:
I switch the light on, off, on, off, on (same as you would if you wanted to “pair” the light with the Kogan app, as per manual). This will make the light flash quickly after about a second or two. Then the light is ready for tuya-convert. :wink: