Konnected Interface board on Vista 20p

I’m happy to announce that I was able to get the konnected interface board working with my Vista20p board this weekend on homeassistant.

I wanted to share some key learnings about my setup process that would have substantially reduced my setup time hopes it helps others as well including:
*There is no need for relay programming on Vista 20p
*There is no need for keyswitch LED programming
*Don’t tune the potentiometers too close to the transition point. This led to false alarms for me.
*Put the system in the “armed” state to tune the potentiometers for the state binary sensors
*There must be both arming and disarming output function programming
*The armed status sensors are Normally Open circuits so the state is ‘on’ when not armed
*A minimum 1 sec (1000 millisecond) momentary switch interruption is needed for the Vista to recognize it reliably and arm the system
* Zone out can be programmed to serve multiple roles (Arm Home and Arm Away) with the same relay

The image below has instructions particular to a Vista 20p board that I was unable to clearly find anywhere else. First is the wiring and vista programming. For now some screenshots and configuration.yaml are shown on the second.

I’ll plan to post a video demonstration of my setup on both home assistant and SmartThings as soon as I can find the time. I’ll be able to demonstrate the impressive responsiveness, flexibility in the Automation and UI look and feel better that way.

In the end the setup was not that difficult, and the system works PERFECTLY as I wanted on home assistant.

Dave

1 Like

So Cool! Thank you for posting the WD and coding! I’ve been looking at doing this on my Vista 20IP, and after watching Nate do it on DSC, was wondering if this will work on my Vista. Great to know that it will. Thanks again!