Konnected not working after 0.106.0 update

I updated the firmware on the konnected and now it all works!

thanks guys

1 Like

I think @tuepen is on to something. Anyone having issues should ensure their Konnected devices are running the latest and greatest firmware. There have been quite a few great improvements in the recent 2.3 releases.

2 Likes

@kit-klein My NodeMCU board is running 2.3.0 firmware. I used the suggested Curl command to get 2.3.3 on my NodeMCU, which worked perfectly:
Command (IP and Port masked):

curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
-d '{"uri":"https://konnected-io.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/esp8266-lfs/lfs-2.3.3.img"}' \
http://192.168.XX.XXX:YYYYY/ota

Result:

{ "status":"ok", "host":"konnected-io.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com", "path":"/esp8266-lfs/", "filename":"lfs-2.3.3.img" }

And the status page shows the software was updated:

However, when I then use the app to try to flash an OTA update, it only offers 2.3.1:

Thanks!

Just in case anyone else has this issue.

the Konnected Alarm Panel integration is now working as expected after I updated the Konnected firmware. Follow the instructions here if you need to.

Thanks to kit-klein for his help in resolving this issue.

1 Like

Thanks Nate,
I think I have got caught well and truely in the middle of installing the board wiring and integration changes with 10.6 so I am completely lost as to what is wrong at the moment whether it be my wiring / configuartion / integartion or 10.6. I might wait for the issues with 10.6 to be resolved before I attempt to problem solve. Well just my bad timing I suppose ! It would be great if you could do a detailed video on how to set up in home assistant including integrations, device configuration and automations with triggers etc. It is difficult as Home Assistant is evolving so quickly and users like me rely on documentation that in some instances is old and therefore incorrect.

There arenā€™t any blocking issues in 0.106 that should be preventing you from getting it working. If you still need help, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Hi Nate,

I think that is the issue that I am experiencing as I have motion detectors as well as doors on the same zone under my old wiring system.

The known issue in 0.106 only applies to switches, not sensors. And only if you had configured multiple switch patterns, such as a warning beep and door-chime beep as separate entities with the same physical device.

1 Like

I am also having issues since the 106 update. I had to update the firmware on the Konnected boards to get them to show up correctly. They now show up in Home Assistant, but none of the sensors show change. Iā€™ve run out of ideas to get it to work. I am hoping some one here has any suggestions for me to try. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Greetings,
Also have a strange problem with the 0.106 update which Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s related to the problems Nick is currently looking into? Iā€™m running software version 2.3.3 on both my Konnected boards. I have Konnected piezo buzzers at two locations. Arm automation enables the alarm, beeps the buzzer, and turns on outside cameras. All work fine.My problem is with the disarm automation. The disarm works correctly as far as disarming the alarm, but the buzzer doesnā€™t beep and the cameras donā€™t turn off the recording mode. I get the following errors in the log:

> 2020-03-03 15:34:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Error while executing automation automation.alarm_disarmed. Unknown error for call_service at pos 2: 
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 397, in async_trigger
>     await self.action_script.async_run(variables, trigger_context)
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 247, in async_run
>     await self._handle_action(action, variables, context)
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 331, in _handle_action
>     await self._actions[_determine_action(action)](action, variables, context)
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 413, in _async_call_service
>     context=context,
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 101, in async_call_from_config
>     domain, service_name, service_data, blocking=blocking, context=context
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1230, in async_call
>     await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1253, in _execute_service
>     await handler.func(service_call)
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 198, in handle_service
>     self._platforms.values(), func, call, required_features
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 402, in entity_service_call
>     future.result()  # pop exception if have
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 590, in async_request_call
>     await coro
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 433, in _handle_entity_call
>     await result
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/konnected/switch.py", line 90, in async_turn_on
>     self._pause,
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/konnected/panel.py", line 160, in update_switch
>     raise CannotConnect
> homeassistant.components.konnected.errors.CannotConnect

Any ideas? Thanks.

I confirm that upgrading the firmware resolved the problem. I now see all my sensors.

Hi, I am having the same problem. Can you confirm which firmware you are using? I reflashed my NodeMCU with 2.3.3 from 2.2.4 and it wonā€™t let me connect the the NodeMCU to wifi. I get the solid blue light.

Thanks,
Ben

Same problem here, tried everything. Flashing the two boards to current firmware resolved the issue.

Same for me. Upgraded to 2.3.3 and now seeing suggested software update for 2.3.1. Appears to be functioning properly, though.

1 Like

@Salty How did you find the port ? I can get the IP from my router but not the port. Tried everything in this post, i am up to date on everything (HomeAssistant, Konnected firmware, etcā€¦). 2 Konnected boards are discovered but keeps asking for IP and Port. Thanks !

This is my config, just in case

konnected:
  access_token: xxxxxxxxx
  # api_host: http://192.168.86.64:8123 ## not used
  devices:
    - id: xxxxxxx
      binary_sensors:
        - zone: 1
          type: smoke
          name: Smoke_Nick
#          inverse: true  ## not used
        - zone: 2
          name: Smoke_Lalou
        - zone: 3
          name: Smoke_Master
        - zone: 4
          name: Smoke_Play Rm
        - zone: 5
          name: Smoke_Gst Bed
        - zone: 6
          name: Smoke_Gst Hse
#         inverse: true  ## not used
#     switches:
#       - zone: out  ## not used
    - id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      binary_sensors:
        - zone: 1
          type: motion
          name: Motion Entry
        - zone: 2
          name: Motion Living
        - zone: 3
          name: Motion Gst Hse
        - zone: 4
          type: door
          name: Motion Entry Gst
        - zone: 5
          name: Motion Bck Gst
        - zone: 6
          name: Motion Win Gst
#     switches:  ## not used
#       - pin: 5  ## not used

@mviamin I ran a port scan against the IP address of my Konnected board. Link below shows my screenshots:

However, some have had success restarting home assistant, and the Konnected integration will automatically detect the port. After mine had been imported and setup, I kept getting a new devices detected message when I would reboot. Everything was working, but the message would appear. If I tried to go through the setup, it would then immediately fail and say it was already configured (because it was). I finally got tired of dealing with it, and I deleted my original imported Konnected interface, and let Konnected detect the new one and set everything up through the GUI. Since then, everything is working as expected.

Thanks @Salty found the ports :slight_smile:

Started with the first board, input the IP and the port, completed and found all the entities
Board 2, input IP and discovered port, integration created, but no entitiesā€¦
Restarted Home Assistant, both integrations are now empty, even the first one that had succeeded
Deleted the lines in my config related to Konnected
Restarted
Added a new integration and picked Konnected, entered IP and Port, Integrations created but no entities.
Restarted, both integrations are present but no entities createdā€¦

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks !

@mviamin Can you enter the entities if you:

1. From Home Assistant, select Configuration
  2. Select Integrations
  3. Select a Konnected.io integration
  4. Finaly, tap/clcik the gear icon in the upper-right corner and manually configure the zones.

Thatā€™s what I had to do. My entities were originally imported, but I kept getting the new devices discovered, so I went through the manual setup. After configuring the zones and clicking SUBMIT in step 4, above, you are then prompted to name the entities.

Doneā€¦a bit of a pain to do everything manually but now worksā€¦thanks @Salty