Koogeek Homekit Wifi Smartplug

Since koogeek products seem to all work with HomeKit (over wifi?) then the upcoming HomeKit Controller component will control them, see this other thread: Support for control of HomeKit bulbs and switches (testing required!)

2 Likes

Hum. That can be an option, but my current setup is to put all the stuff together in Home Assistant (Philips and Xiaomi) and then use homebridge to add them all unified in Home. I think I will need to twist the idea a little bit (maybe having two Homes) but if it worth I’ll surely do it.

No support yet for this device ?

we need support for koogeek products!

1 Like

+1 for Support for Koogeek

1 Like

Guys,

This is done through HomeKit Controller Support.
Found that out following this link to these HomeKit Controller support component testing topic here at the forum that @marthocoo posted on April 18.

Better pin this up and close this topic.

1 Like

For reference it appears that you may also use the Tuya platform component for Koogeek devices.

I was setting up a Koogeek KLUP1 plug (switch+sensor) that stated it was not HomeKit compatible. I don’t have any kind of hub anyhow, but as I already had a free Tuya account and the app on my phone, I simply added the device using Tuya / Add Device and it was recognised immediately by Home Assistant.

The downside for now is that the Tuya platform does not currently support Sensor device types, so it’s only useful for the switch functionality.

I too use the Homekit controller for my Koogeek and Tado devices. Works like a charm. No apple needed!

I’m using a couple of Koogeek P1EU plugs. Is there a way to also make the power consumption information available to HA. I cannot get this to work with the Homekit controller, but this works fine with the Koogeek app.

6 Likes

I follow this thread

1 Like

What about Koogeek support in 2020?

I also would want to monitor the power consumption inside HA.

Kogeek produces two types of devices - HomeKit-compatible (most of light switches for example) and Tuya-compatible (controlled via its own application, Kogeek Life). Smart plugs KLUP1 are Tuya-compatible, with switch and consumption values.

I can help with investigations/tests of second types of devices, but I am new to HA and need some advice.

SAme here, is there any solution?

My decision was to upgrade them to Tasmota. Successfully flashed, and original Tasmota integration works fine. No more clouds, no more China servers…

I dont know how… but the usage shows up as a sensor now.
must have been some kind of update of homeassistant since i did not change anything

1 Like

wow you’re right. same for me!

The energy consumption feature has been just released. Is it possible to have the used energy displayed in Home Assistant like you can see it in the Koogeek app. Currently it looks like that only the current power is reported in HA but not the energy used.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
i have a Problem with the energy monitoring with the 3 outlet variant.
I used to have it in Apple HomeKit. Now as I try to switch everything to Home Assistant, i managed to delete it from Homekit and use the Integration to add it to HASS. So far so good.

The problem is, that the energy monitor is simply stuck at 181 Watts. The Kogeek App does show nothing anymore (just 0). Am I missing something here?

Sorry if I might mix up words (german)

I am experiencing the same issue. I have connected the Koogeek plug to Home Assistant using the HomeKit controller, but it only displays 0.0 watts, even when it is using power. I have checked for any defects in the reading and have reconnected the plug to HomeKit. Within the Koogeek app, I can see the usage of the plug, but Home Assistant is unable to detect this usage.