Kwikset 910 deadbolts not syncing status ozw 0.5.2

Just switched from zwave integration to openzwave integration and locks aren’t updating with manual turn of lock or pushing lock button on front. Status updates were fine under old zwave integration. I’ve added and removed locks once or twice and no fix. Anyone else having these status issues with kwikset and 0.5.2 (and internal mosquitto add-on)?

You will need to add a TriggerRefresh block to your CommandClass 113 block in your ozwcache.xml file.
OR
Now that my PR was accepted by openzwave, refresh the node info on your 910 and it should pull the new XML and input the correct block for you.

I have two 910 locks. What’s the triggerrefresh block/format look like? I’ll check out your recommendations after I take a remote exam here at noon. Thanks for the fast response!

It would look similar to this:

<CommandClass id="113">
    <TriggerRefreshValue Genre="user" Index="512" Instance="1">
      <RefreshClassValue CommandClass="98" Index="1" Instance="1" RequestFlags="0"/>
    </TriggerRefreshValue>
  </CommandClass>

Mine doesn’t always refresh with SmartThings or now on Hubitat.
I have to (in Hubitat) make a rule to refresh the lock status when the door contact sensor closes + 10 seconds.
It’s an issue with the lock itself.

The locks do not send regular notices for some reason, likely bad programmers at Kwikset, the triggerrefresh in OpenZwave will have the lock status update when the alarm_type changes.

1 Like

I can’t locate ozwcache.xml. i installed ozw via supervisor. Where can i find this file?