Kwikset 910 Hassio

I tried bringing it inches from the stick, I even did a factory reset.

but even my zwave light switch’s that where labeled secure are not getting added securly eaither.

on a few of the devices i did get a pop up asking for part of a code. i put in the pin listed on the device.
I cant seem to find any youtube videos or documents on this.

The PIN has a QR code with it usually, so if you’re not seeing the QR code, that’s likely not the PIN.

Thanks for all the help Firstof9,

I was able to get everything working today.

1. restore from backup before zwave devices where added.
  2. use tablet that i got the popup notifications before to enter pin. (no pop up blockers)
  3. move device within inches of the stick
  4. place new batteries in devices.
  5. very quickly enter pin (if didn’t ask for pin why pairing, i removed and re added devices)

note: 80% of all my devices added securely now… locks where s0 they added without pin but still secure.

1 Like

I added a Kwikset 910 using z-wave JS configure. Where do I go from here? How do I set user PINS, get notifications?
I’ve been using VeraPlus for years and they’ve finally made it easy to do this. I’m wondering if HA will ever get there.
Thanks

Many people use the 3rd party integration keymaster to do this.

1 Like

Thank you. I was just watching this tutorial about it. Fantastic.

1 Like

I am so close. I’ve got my Kwikset 910 paired with HA, Keymaster is installed, the cards are displayed on the Dashboard, HA can control the lock, but look at the Dashboard Card: It says “Entity Not Found.” The PIN Status says “Adding” which means they’re not added yet. (The PIN codes are not the real ones). The PIN Status should say “Connected.”

What step did I miss?

You can ignore that and/or delete the badge, it should be the door sensor.

Try pressing the “Run Actions” on the syncronize_slot_1 and slot_2 scripts.

1 Like

Thank you! That worked. It took me a moment to find what you were talking about in Configuration>Entities>Test Lock> “Part of the Following Automations.” Not the most intuitive setting.

How do I delete the errant badge?

Do the Edit Dashboard then click the pencil next to the icon on the top of the dashboard:

Hit the X on the right to remove it.

Thank you for all you do!

1 Like

yes this is exactly what it is.