Kwikset 910 SmartCode Electronic Deadbolt

I have a Kwikset 910 SmartCode and recently have started to learn and use Home Assistant. I’m running HA in a virtual machine on my Synology NAS and am using the Nortek Z-Wave/Zigbee (HUSBZB-1) gateway.

I was able to get the lock paired (via Zigbee) and added to HA, but I can’t do anything with it. Lock status, battery level, etc. all are indicated as ‘unavailable’. Is there another step I should take? If not, what is the best way to go about troubleshooting?

edit: specified Zigbee as the communication protocol.

Did you pair it with security?

Probably not since I’m not sure how to do that… :man_facepalming:

You should be able to look at the Z-Wave info from the lock to see if security is enabled:

I use Zwave JS UI, but I presume the normal Zwave JS would be a similar flow. When you go to include the device, does it ask you to select the security mode for pairing? Something like this:

Ahh, I didn’t specify in my original post - it is the Zigbee version of the lock.

And I forgot to check the sub-category :laughing:.

Never used the Zigbee version, but I know one issue that tended to catch folks with the Z-Wave version is trying to do the initial pairing through a repeater. General recommendation is to initially pair the lock with it sitting within a few feet of the coordinator.