Kwikset 912

Try restarting Home Assistant, sometimes the add node process goes wonky too.

1 Like

@firstof9 this is the first node. Baby steps for me :slight_smile:

@squirtbrnr I simply cut and pasted the code from https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/adding/ into an xterm to generate the code, but… who knows. I can post it here, and simply regenerate another one, it was:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  network_key: [originally shown but now removed]

Although I did manually exclude it and then reset the zstick, my secure pairing - which seemed successful (given the log output above) - was performed through HA (Zwave config page). Not sure what the logs would have indicated if

1. The network key was bad; or
  2. The secure pairing actually failed…

…?
At the top of OZW_Log I always get this message:

2020-06-24 15:36:16.777 Info, Setting Up Provided Network Key for Secure Communications

and nothing that seems to indicate this failed…

This is under aarch64 not sure if that makes any difference… just putting that out there.

Please remove your key from the post.

Try excluding the lock via Home Assistant, and re-adding it IF restarting Home Assistant doesn’t help.

1 Like

Sure thing… @squirtbrnr mentioned it might be malformed, so I thought I would include it. I’ll delete it now.

I have excluded / (re-)added the lock several times now, after I factory reset the zstick and the lock… I can keep doing it. I followed the other directions, which were to heal the network, and yeah for good measure I also restarted HA… this did not help :frowning_face:

Check inside your ozwcache_XXXXX.xml see if your node has a TriggerRefreshValue under CommandClass id ='113' and post that please.

Example:

<TriggerRefreshValue Genre="user" Instance="1" Index="0">
					<RefreshClassValue CommandClass="98" RequestFlags="0" Instance="1" Index="1" />
				</TriggerRefreshValue>
1 Like

There is no TriggerRefreshValue in that file at all… I used grep just to make doubly sure :smile:

Additionally if two devices should appear in that file, well it looked like just the zstick info was there. Nothing on the kwikset… (no node 4)… yeah that’s it, just node 1, the stick, nothing more.

I see there’s config stuff in /usr/share/hassio/addons/data/core_zwave/ozw/config/kwikset … that probably should have been added to the cache file?

In the zwave control panel click save network I believe it’s called, then check the file again.

1 Like

Thanks for working with me in nearly real-time.

There’s a “Save Configuration” button, pressing it did not change the cache file.

I’m going to do this. Please advise… (reset as much as possible)

• Exclude the lock
  • Shut down HA
  • Remove the cache xml file
  • Remove the database file under homeassistant/
  • Shut down the RP
  • Factory reset the zstick and the lock
  • Bring it all back up and see how it recognizes the zstick
  • Attempt to add node secure for the lock

Any reset steps I forgot?

Hold the phone, zwcfg_0xf06a24be.xml in homeassistant/ has:

<TriggerRefreshValue Genre="user" Instance="1" Index="0">
      <RefreshClassValue CommandClass="98" RequestFlags="0" Instance="1" Index="1" />
</TriggerRefreshValue>

which yes, is under CommandClass id="113"

I’ve accepted the invite to discord and am over there but never have used it before (I’m old :rofl:)… it will take 10 minutes before I can chat. Oh and I have run out of posts for my first day on this site! Hah! Thanks for the help.

You don’t need to nuke the database.
Also if you like to we can take this to discord: https://discord.gg/kK7BcV in the #zwave channel.

1 Like

Just went through this, so I’m posting in case anyone else comes along. I just bought a house with Vivint pre-existing. Two kwikset locks. Same experience as OP, I could add them to Home Assistant, but the locks would not respond to commands. Tried to uninstall from the Vivint panel, but the 2203 code wouldn’t work. Vivint had me locked out. Just yesterday, I called to see if they would unlock the panel, and of course, they wouldn’t. So, I started a two-week free trial. They unlocked the panel. I had to un-pair the lock with the vivint panel and then re-pair the lock. The re-pair failed at first, but worked the second time. It also asked me if I wanted to enable anti-theft on the device. I selected not to. I then unpaired the lock from the vivint panel again, and did the add node secure from Home Assistant. The lock now responds properly with HA.