Kwikset Home Connect 620 Smart Lock State Issues

I have a Kwikset Home Connect 620 Zwave smart lock setup with HA. The device works fine to send lock and unlock commands to however, it rarely reports its state correctly, meaning I never really know if its locked or unlocked which is less than optimal. Anyone using this that might have a work around or fix for this? Perhaps I have a parameter set incorrectly? Maybe 5% of the time it actually reports a state change.
I do have multiple other zwave mains powered devices near by that have no issues. It has 2 hops to the controller so I don’t think its a distance issue. Again, I can send lock and unlock commands fine. Jus the state that I’m struggling with.

I have 2 of these same locks and experience the same problem from time to time. It’s an issue with the firmware of them, which Kwikset doesn’t seem wanting to fix.

What do you have the v4 parameters set to? I can’t find much documentation on what they should be. Feel like there should be some way to poll the device to get an updated state during wake intervals but have no idea how I might go about doing so. Pretty frustrated with this thing. I can send it lock and unlock commands just fine but its critical that I know the state of the lock.