Kwikset z wave

Hey everyone, I am new with the whole z wave thing and HA. I have recently got the Aeotec z stick and a kwikset smart convert lock which is z wave plus compatible. I am able to pair the lock with the z stick and it shows in the HA dashboard, I have setup the z wave configuration in the configuration.yaml file as well.i have also set up the network keys, but what I am unable to do is control the lock. It won’t respond at all. Please help me with this. Thank you.

What shows up in your OZW_Log.txt ?

Do you want me to send the txt file because it’s like 250 lines of log?

Sure send it/attach it to your reply.

I am unable to attach anything, it says new user cannot upload , so I giving you google drive link. Link

Doesn’t look like it paired securely. Use the Remove Node button in the Zwave panel, then use the Add Secure Node button to pair it.

on the 4-5 th line it also says that network key is not set? does it mean that the network key in the configuration file is not valid ?

Correct no network key is set as well, did you follow the directions here:

Your key should look something like the example: network_key: "0x2e, 0xcc, 0xab, 0x1c, 0xa3, 0x7f, 0x0e, 0xb5, 0x70, 0x71, 0x2d, 0x98, 0x25, 0x43, 0xee, 0x0c"

It also mentions to enable raspi-config on raspberry pi, do I have to do that even if I am usung Hassio ?

No HassIO is a seperate animal, just need the key.

So I removed the z wave from configuration file and added it using the configuration tab ui which generates network key automatically. I m sending you the updated log file let me know if it seems fine

OZW_Log.xml (23.3 KB)

Uploading it as xml , won’t allow me to upload txt

Yup looks good, now exclude / remove the lock and re-add it as a secure node and you’ll be able to lock/unlock the door.

Just a small question, to add the lock shall I pair it with the z stick or the raspberry pi with Hassio ? Like when I click on add node secure do I pair it with the z stick by pressing the button on the stick ?

Never use the button on the stick :wink:

OZW_Log_new.xml (52.9 KB)

So it seems the lock is now added in a different way that how previously it was since the new options that I see on the dashboard (as seen in the picture) wasn’t there. But I still don’t have the option to lock or unlock the door.

Click the <> menu on the side bar, you should be able to find a lock.<device_name>
I don’t remember if the old UI auto adds locks or not, haven’t used it since Lovelace came out :stuck_out_tongue:

I am unsure about Lovelace but I cannot find any lock.device name . The lock is coming up as sensor.<device_name>

I am uploading the pic of the <> menu

Should find something like this:

If you don’t see it still, try removing the lock once more and using Add Node Secure once again.

I tried removing and adding multiple times but it only shows up as sensor.kwikset, did something change with the new update? However the status of the sensor changes when I unlock the door.