Lamp Mechanical Switch

no there are clear differences

a regulation becomes law, when the law states that that regulation in that situation has to be followed.
a regulation for companies is not law for private persons.

Rene I have a lot of respect for your contributions to HA and the enormous amount of help you give on the forums and elsewhere, but you are now making no sense.

Anyway, we are way off topic and letā€™s consider the legalities closed and get on with the technicalities.

i could say the same so lets agree to disagree :wink: and hope that @blawford is gettin closer to solutions.

1 Like

Did you ever figure out a solution? Iā€™m currently trying to wire a Shelly 1PM to a table lamp with a smart bulb so I donā€™t lose the functionality of the push thru switch on the lamp (I donā€™t want to have to always keep the physical switch on for the smart bulb to work). I need to isolate the actual switch from the power to the lamp so I can wire it properly but I donā€™t know how to go about doing that.

if you want the smart bulb to be smart you cant cut power to that bulb
so if you want the bulb to be smart all the time then you will need to put power on it constantly, and you put the switch on the shelly and then use an automation that looks if the switch is changed and then controls the bulb.

Your case sounds similar to one of my fans which is already smart. In the wall box behind a switch I use the Sonoff Mini flashed with ESPHome. There is nothing connected to the load of the Sonoff, but the switch status is easily available to Home Assistant which can through an automation control the fan.

So, all you need is an ESP device to detect the lamp switch on or off. I am not familiar with the Shelly 1PM, except that itā€™s a power monitoring model.

Does the PM2 fit in the Shelly button case? That way you can keep manual button switch functionality while beijg smart. Then you swap out the socket base for one that is switch less if you want to prevent accidental switch offs.