Landis+Gyr UW50/W550 water meter data via optical port

I’ve been trying to get data from my Landis+Gyr UW50/W550 water meter. So far completely unsuccesful…
Just finding technical info on that specific meter has been a struggle. I’ve located this reference pdf document that communication wise places the water meter with the remaining T550 ‘family’ of meters. So I believe that the meters optical port complies with the 62056-21:2002 standard.

I’ve been trying to get meter data with ESPHome and aquaticus 62056 custom component. Tried various baud rates, data/parity/stop bit settings.
The hardware is ok and functioning (esp8266 and optical eye) as it’s working perfectly with my Kamstrup Multical 602 meter (district heating).

Has anyone successfully received data from this specific water meter through the optic port ?

Did you ever find a solution to this?
In the same situation, trying to get data from the same water-meter. (Denmark - Trefor-area)

Nope, never got it working.
Furtunately I got my meter replaced to the new Kamstrup FlowIQ 2200 which I can easily read using a tweaked version of cenobitedk’s config for the Kamstrup district heating meters