Keep running into the following problem, even from older to current versions of HomeAssistant.
My HomeAssistant database files keep getting very large >100mb. When this happens, I can’t restart home assistant from the UI. I run HomeAssistant in a docker, so must do
docker restart home-assistant. Restarting becomes really really slow.
- On the 16th of August, my home_assistant_v2.db file got to 244mb. I renamed it, and let a new DB get generated after a reboot
- On the 29th of August, my db got to 122mb, Renamed the DB and rebooted.
- It is now the 23rd of September, and my log file is at 234mb.
Here’s some things I’ve tried to do to keep this file size down
historycomponent in my configuration has been disabled.
- I’ve set a maximum of 7 days recording for the log file, with the following config
recorder: purge_days: 7
- I have the
So my questions are
- What filesize do people generally see for their `home_assistant_v2.log`` files?
- Is there a program (pref Windows based) I can use to load some of these home assistant databases, and see what data is taking up; the msot space?
Thanks in advanced!