Last.fm Integration - Support for Scrobbling

As the next version of HA supports OAuth integration, does that mean that HA would be able to access parts of the last.fm API that requires OAuth?

That means we can finally add a service for last.fm scrobbling, and that would allow us to scrobble songs that are being played by HA Media, Music Assistant, and Alexa Media Player.

Hey Madelena,

I stumbled upon your post about wanting to scrobble to Last.fm from Home Assistant, and I totally get the appeal. I was on the same boat, so I decided to create a simple integration to make this happen.

If you’ve got HACS (Home Assistant Community Store) set up on your Home Assistant, you’re halfway there! Just add my custom repository, and you’ll find all the setup steps in the README file on GitHub. I’ve included a little walkthrough on how to get and configure the necessary API keys in your configuration.yaml, and how to specify the media players for scrobbling along with the scrobble time.

Here’s the link to the LastFM Scrobbler Integration on GitHub.

I hope this makes your scrobbling experience from Home Assistant a breeze! Feel free to reach out if you run into any issues or have any questions. I’d be happy to help.

Warm wishes,

Valentin Gosselin

1 Like