Dear Home Assistant users,
I have a shot question, but until now I never got a sufficient answer…
I am looking for a smoke detector that meets the specific requirements mentioned below.
- The ability to remotely shut off the siren/alarm when needed (very important to me → please don’t ask why à I like to avoid off-topic discussions à my lessons learned) ;-).
- Battery powered with low power consumption to ensure longevity.
- Low Battery Indicator.
- Interconnectivity between the smoke detectors (nice to have)
- Realtime alerting function(s) on my smartphone preferably via HomeAssistant
- Zigbee compatibility for seamless integration with my existing Home Assistant setup.
- EU certified (to meet insurance requirements and ensure optimal safety standards).
- Last but least: Affordability, as I need to install 10 smoke detectors.
Does anybody know of a brand or product that meets these criteria?
Thank you very much in advance!
Thank you very much for your support.
I just read the reviews, but unfortunately they aren’t great.
This one, I have 2, they work perfectly and have long lasting battery.
In the USA, I firmly believe in having a dedicated smoke/fire/burglar alarm with professional central station remote monitoring, instead of kludging something together with HA and a hodge-podge of sensors. You can interface the dedicated system to HA for monitoring and even presence-triggering, but it must be able to work standalone without HA.
My system is an Ademco/Honeywell Vista 20P, with cellular and Internet interfaces to the central station. I’m using AlarmDecoder to interface with HA, but there are cheaper ESP32 DIY options now.
Don’t know if Ademco/Honeywell passes EU certifications or operates on compatible RF frequencies on that side of the pond, but I’m sure that you can find something similar…
Thank you for you answer! I will look into that.