Latest Harmony breaking Home Assistant component?

I can confirm 0.84.5 with Harmony updated to .206 is working fine… Thanks Devs

2 Likes

Confirmed working with my docker container on my end as well. Thank you for taking care of this. Countdown until Logitech patches the next “security concern” starts now.

I can keep my hubs now. Time to test!

I’ve updated to 0.84.5, and for the most part, the harmony update works, except it can’t read the current activity. I It’s flooding me log with this error:

Update for remote.lounge_room fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 221, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 347, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/remote/harmony.py", line 205, in async_update
    activity_id = await self._client.get_current_activity()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pyharmony/client.py", line 234, in get_current_activity
    'vnd.logitech.harmony/vnd.logitech.harmony.engine'
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pyharmony/client.py", line 184, in _send_request
    return await self._wait_response(msgid)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pyharmony/client.py", line 190, in _wait_response
    response_json = await self._websocket.recv()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/websockets/protocol.py", line 398, in recv
    "cannot call recv() while another coroutine "
RuntimeError: cannot call recv() while another coroutine is already waiting for the next message

I’m not experiencing this on 84.5. My hub is at 206.
I’ve even got a template sensor that’s correctly updating with state changes.

harmony_status:
        value_template: >
          {% if is_state("remote.livingroom", 'on') %}
            {{ states.remote.livingroom.attributes.current_activity }}
          {% else %}
            PowerOff
          {% endif %}
        friendly_name: Harmony Status

A reboot of HA fixed it. Not sure what happened.

Plus it’s good to see Logitech coming out with a developers program on the XMPP API.

I’m getting the same error
It was working for a few days but since yesterday it stopped.
Nothing changed in my configuration
I’ve restarted HA also, but error is still there

@deluxestyle, cjsimmons,

An update to Harmony component is forthcoming. The fix to get harmony working again was “quick&dirty” :slight_smile:

If you want, you can currently deploy the fix as a custom component:

1. In your HASS config folder create folder custom_components/remote (if not there)
  2. Change to that folder
  3. Download updated harmony component:
    curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ehendrix23/home-assistant/Use_aioharmony_for_harmony/homeassistant/components/remote/harmony.py -o harmony.py

Or you can wait for next release as this should be able to make it into 0.85

@ehendrix Thanks for your work on this. For now it’s working for me, so I’ll just leave it and wait for the update in 0.85.

thank you
I will try it with the updated harmony.py

still the same issue even with the updated harmony.py file

@deluxestyle, if you haven’t done so already, update to 0.85. It includes using new aioharmony component for harmony.

1 Like

thanks. I updated yesterday. seems to work now

Updated to 0.85 and Harmony is working again! Thanks so much @ehendrix for the fix!!

HA is listing all of my hubs as unavailable. If I restart HA, they work fine but return to unavailable after awhile. I’m running Hassio v85.1 and my harmony hubs are on v4.15.206. Anyone else having this issue?

What is a while? 2 hour, 2 day??
I updated yesterday, will let you know

I’m using 1 HUB but i’m facing the exact same problem. A restart of HA will fix the problem but after a while (couple of hours i guess) the problem is back.

Have you put in an IP address in your config?

Yes. And the HUB gets a static IP from my DHCP based on its Mac address. Never had this problem before the whole “Harmony API gate”…

Well, I did an upgrade yesterday from 84.2 version, using API to 85.1 , still available now after about 10 hours