Latest Harmony breaking Home Assistant component?

Has anyone tried the latest Harmony firmware (206) and can confirm it breaks the HA component? Seems like there’s a lot of talk on reddit about this being a problem. Mine are luckily still on 201 but they will probably get an update pushed soon.

1 Like

wow, this is verry BAD!!!
any idea how to block this update!! ?

maybe its best to block my harmony to internet in my router ? i think everything will still work then?

I did this quickly first thing this morning after reading Reddit. I did a quick simple test by turning off an activity and it still functioned.

@msauto also posted the addresses you can block.

Whilst blocking solves for now i’m not sure this is a sustainable solution.

ah ok, for you still working on 206 ?
well, i blocked internet access on it, probably there will a red light always on now, but can live with that now :slight_smile:

Sigh. I noticed that my Harmony wasn’t responding this morning either. Looks like mine updated to 206.

do you see it now as unavailable in your HA ?

Yes. I get

2018-12-17 08:21:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.remote] Platform harmony not ready yet. Retrying in 120 seconds.
2018-12-17 08:23:22 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.remote] Platform harmony not ready yet. Retrying in 150 seconds.
2018-12-17 08:25:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.remote] Platform harmony not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds.
2018-12-17 08:28:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.remote] Platform harmony not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds.

And the “remote” device never gets created in HA.

this not good :frowning:
maybe you can do a restore firmware ? i dont know its its possible

can you try this maybe?

Steps to Downgrade Firmware:

◙ Launch MyHarmony Computer Application.

◙ Before clicking anywhere inside the window.

> Windows users: Press Alt+F9.

> Mac users: Press Fn+Option+F9 or Option+F9 (depending on Mac model, either one will work).

◙ You will be taken to advanced tools page.

◙ Select ‘Factory Reset’ button below your Harmony Remote Model.

◙ Now follow the steps listed on the page to downgrade Firmware.

◙ Once you are done, do not Sync. Syncing will update the Firmware again

This procedure doesn’t work for Harmony Hub. If I plug my hub in via USB I get “You Harmony remote model is not supported by this utility”. I have the same problem :frowning:, noticed my system didn’t turn on this morning. It already took the update before it was too late.

ah, you updated manually or was the upgrade automaticly ?
on reddit, people are saying that they were succesful in downgrade

I have the hub. the myHarmony app correctly identified it and knew that it was running 206. Currently restoring previous version and keeping fingers crossed.

ok, keep us posted

let us know, if you loose configuration after you restore firmware to older version

That put me back to 193. I’m able to control the hub from HA and I still have all of my configuration settings.

I’ve blocked the recommended domains via my router. Except for pubnub, as it appears that pubnub helps with integrations with other devices (Google Home, Alexa).

svcs.myharmony.com
pubsub.pubnub.com ← didn’t block this one
content.dhg.myharmony.com
logging.dhg.myharmony.com
myharmony.com
sus.dhg.myharmony.com

1 Like

ah, well i dont use the official harmony app in google home control, i control every device/Activity from HA
anyway, good to hear that no settings were lost

but i wonder now, how we can update activatys/commands, because normal on every sync you do, it will update the firmware …

After blocking the domains, is the light on your hub still red, or does it operate normally?

not sure, i have blocked the domains already in my router, but not at home right now :slight_smile:

i think the led is RED, when there is no wifi signal , not sure though

@ih8gates is able to tell us normally :slight_smile:

I’ve still got a green light, but I’m not 100% sure that my router is blocking the domains correctly. Since they’re HTTPS, I think that the Netgear blocking can’t see the domain name. Not 100% sure on that, though. I’ll see if I get clobbered by a sync and report back if I do.