Latest Zigbee/MQTT update is broken?

Seems the Tuya/Zemismart cover motor zigbee2mqtt feature is now broken?

The blinds are not reporting position/status anymore - i manually opened one and its position is the same as when it was closed. Node red shows current position as 100 if it’s open or not.

If i go into the MQTT section of HA, each blind has control buttons and they function correctly - open will open and close will close them, however the “current position” is not updating so it seems the latest Zigbee/MQTT update has broken position reporting?

Is there a way i can fix this, sort of important as we have a few of these and all are now useless??

Edit:
The “current position” status does not change
In NodeRed, i used to use “set position” = 0 to close, now its 100, so it has reversed logic
In Zigbee2MQTT devices i can see the “Settings:specific” option but it makes no difference.

You refer in your thread title to an update, but what did you update exactly? Zigbee2MQTT? HA? Node Red? Please give more details about your setup.

And is there anything in the logs for any of these components?

Hi
I updated the Core, the HA system and Zigbee2MQTT add-on, I run updates every month and always check the breaking changes list but saw nothing to make me think it would upset things. 99% of the times it works but this time it bit me :frowning:

In the zigbee2MQTT log i now see this…

Zigbee2MQTT:error 2022-06-25 06:36:01: Request ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/request/device/configure_reporting’ failed with error: ‘ConfigureReporting 0x5c0272fffec20d2d/1 genOta([{“attribute”:"",“minimumReportInterval”:60,“maximumReportInterval”:3600,“reportableChange”:0}], {“sendWhen”:“immediate”,“timeout”:10000,“disableResponse”:false,“disableRecovery”:false,“disableDefaultResponse”:true,“direction”:0,“srcEndpoint”:null,“reservedBits”:0,“manufacturerCode”:null,“transactionSequenceNumber”:null,“writeUndiv”:false}) failed (Don’t know value type for ‘undefined’)’
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2022-06-25 06:36:20: Request ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/request/device/configure_reporting’ failed with error: ‘ConfigureReporting 0x5c0272fffec20d2d/1 genOta([{“attribute”:"",“minimumReportInterval”:60,“maximumReportInterval”:3600,“reportableChange”:0}], {“sendWhen”:“immediate”,“timeout”:10000,“disableResponse”:false,“disableRecovery”:false,“disableDefaultResponse”:true,“direction”:0,“srcEndpoint”:null,“reservedBits”:0,“manufacturerCode”:null,“transactionSequenceNumber”:null,“writeUndiv”:false}) failed (Don’t know value type for ‘undefined’)’

You are right, something is wrong here too but setting position seems to be working for me

1 Like

While i can set position, the numbers are now reversed and I use a “current position” reading in NR flows to action other things - i have a midpoint set as well so they can be open, closed or midway at any time and it needs to be read in NR.

The HA dashboard buttons now only show close all the time so they cannot be manually opened

I don’t use the Zigbee2MQTT add-on - I have it running in Docker on a separate device - but given this error, I would raise an issue on GitHub. Check there first for others reporting similar errors before creating a new one.

The Documentation tab in the add-on’s page should point you in the right direction for this.

1 Like

I have raised a topic on GitHub.