LCARS Theme update seemes to break full Home Assistant OS

With the last update there seem to be a big error. I was suprised that such a thing can totally crush Home Assistant.

As I have not configured or currently the addon for ssh is broken how can I fix this by the unhandy Buildrrot surface? There is no working editor, the vi ignores my commands. Is it possible to enable ssh from there?

The template error is there since a few versions, but I can ignore it and it always comes back when I reset the template editor.

Sure it’s not the template error at line 3 that “breaks” (whatever you mean here) HA?
It definitely seems unrelated to the template editor, but to an actual error in your configuration.yaml

It is not the template error as I run my server for month with that. As I understand it is just for testing, so should not have in influence in the running system.

Whereas LCARS had an update before.

I would fix that if I could manage this by using an editor via HA console.

When I saw that my smart plugs changed their LEDs to connected that was a good sign that the servers seemed to run independently from the frontend. So I kept it running.

After deleting the relevant lines in the configuration (which were part of the LCARS addon configuration) I could restart the core and so the frontend.

For my defense I was first in struggle as being a user not using the us keyboard to enter the right keys for vi.

So thanks for your comment, that leads me to focus in repairing the configuration.yaml.

1 Like