Learning RF / IR Codes from Broadlink RM Pro for Broadlink Component

Hi guys,

First post here!

Rm Pro arrived last night, so have installed the Broadlink component, and now have it working.

Little something I figured out (with the help of the chat board!)…

I had the component working, could get the componant to capture the IR codes from the “learn” function.
However, my issue was - it put the (truncated) codes in a persistant notficiation, which a) didnt show the full string and b) wouldnt let me copy it…

With a little help from the chat board, I figured out that the “hassio log” - accessed via the SSH front end (on hass.io) - records those codes - so I just copied and pasted them into my configuration.yaml, and job’s a good un!

(I had tried various codes for my av gear I found online, but none of them worked, and didnt look like the same syntax as shown in the (working) example from the component webpage.

Anyway - probably old hat for all you guru’s, just thought I’d throw a little help out, in case anyone was in the same situation… :slight_smile:

They appear in full on the states page so you can do an easy copy and paste from the HA front end however long they may be as it’ll just keep scrolling.

2 Likes

So they are! I did read that in the companent docs, but darned if I could find them before!

Certainly a bit quicker than getting them from the log via ssh… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An update: The current version 0.60.1 does not allow copying the IR code from the states page, though it displays the captured code.

The current version is 0.62.1 and yes it does as I did it the other day.

Great !. Thanks for the info. I’ll try it today.

Actually, when I upgraded to earlier version 0.61.1 I had front-end loading issues and hence reverted back to 0.60.1. Hope that is also fixed in 0.62.1.

I can’t copy from Chrome or Opera, but Edge works.

I ran into this yesterday as well. Wouldn’t work in Chrome or IE, but worked in Firefox.