Leaving Home Assistant, not worth the headaches!

If the devs spent more time here, they would spend less time developing. We have great software, we can’t have everything.

3 Likes

Depends on your definition of “great”. I’m sure users whos installations have been bricked by an developer mistake (who btw sits mute giving no comment on it) have different opinion.

IMO software creation is not only about writing a code.

Never had a brick out of home assistant, except when a pi SD card has gone kaput.

How would you expect a dev to diagnose that one? Or predict a hardware failure? Or prevent a hardware failure?

please read forum. you will get to know how many people have their system affected by recent os update. Almost year ago there was incident with silently updating supervisor which affected a lot of installation.

In such cases devs expertise and help is most valuable, cause they know the best what changed causing such serious situations.

Look the title of this thread is “Leaving Home Asssistant, not worth the headaches” - follow that advice huh?

2 Likes

seems you have no serious arguments anymore…

This forum isn’t for arguing.

Sorry are you still here? I thought you were leaving.

I have no problem with the os update - I don’t use the os.

I have yet to see a convincing post about the OS update wrecking a system. But then again I try to ignore them because most users cannot post proper debug posts, and I am sick of pointing people to How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question.

1 Like

You will have a much better chance if you file GitHub issues, that is where developers look for bug reports.

I was affected by this one which should be fairly convincing with 5k views: hassOS 4.8 upgrade breaks my install

1 Like

I tried once (mentioned Supervisor-gate). A lot of other users subscribed to the issue. No response from developer received.

Both of our statements can be true.